+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Approval Done?

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Hi All,

When I check my status on online services by CIC I see the following:
Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application received. changed to In Process when i checked today

Under sponsorship application when I click on
It shows:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor [name] on [date].
  2. We started processing your application on [date].

I just want to know does this means that it is Sponsor Approved?
Please help me clarify the meaning of 'Decision Made' under Sponsorship Application Status

but no e-mail regarding sponsorship eligibility status what that this means

Thank you.

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Hi All,

Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application received. changed to In Process when i checked today

Under sponsorship application when I click on
It shows:

Sponsorship

Please help me clarify the meaning of 'Decision Made' under Sponsorship Application Status

but no e-mail regarding sponsorship eligibility status what that this means

Thank you.
would appreciate your update on above message

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
When Status is IN-PROCESS...........means the application has not been Approved or Rejected and been processed.
When Status is Decision Made..........means the application has been Approved or Rejected.

Check Status in ECAS with the Sponsor UCI #.......if you have the below.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

(1)
Sponsored Person...............Sponsorship Application Status.........Permanent Residence Application Status
First Name Last Name......................In Process............................................In Process

Means the Sponsor eligibility to Sponsor has not been Approved and been processed.....,,,.....also, the PA application for PR is been processed.

(2)
Sponsored Person...............Sponsorship Application Status.........Permanent Residence Application Status
First Name Last Name......................Decision Made..................................In Process

Means the Sponsor eligibility to Sponsor has been Approved or Rejected..............also, the PA application for PR is been processed.

Last edited:

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
When Status is IN-PROCESS...........means the application has not been Approved or Rejected and been processed.
When Status is Decision Made..........means the application has been Approved or Rejected.

Check Status in ECAS with the Sponsor UCI #.......if you have the below.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

(1)
First Name Last Name......................In Process............................................In Process

Means the Sponsor eligibility to Sponsor has not been Approved and been processed.....,,,.....also, the PA application for PR is been processed.

(2)
First Name Last Name......................Decision Made..................................In Process

Means the Sponsor eligibility to Sponsor has been Approved or Rejected..............also, the PA application for PR is been processed.
Thanks for the help!!!
the Status is showing on the below
1)

So what is this a good sign

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for the help!!!
1)

what should i think about this.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks for the help!!!
1)

Its good......your application Status is "in-process"........its good.....shows your application is been processed.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: Mary Peter

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application received.

Under sponsorship application when I click on "decision made",
It shows:

Sponsorship

Please help me clarify the meaning of 'Decision Made' under Sponsorship Application Status.

Thank you.
hi rushi07,
thanks for the post and case updates
I have applied to sponsor my wife and kids and am unable to link my account. when I checked my online services I got the same message that "decision made" to my sponsorship application and under my wifes application its "in progress". im unable to link the account. what was ur experience?

Sachbolo

Nov 19, 2017
Sponsorship Application Status: Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

Before on Sponsorship Application Status was "In Process"

Under sponsorship application Status now it shows "Application Received",

Sponsorship

I just want to know does this means?
Please help me clarify the meaning of 'Application Received' under Sponsorship Application Status.

Thank you.

Jayjiss87

Jan 8, 2019
How long will it take for PR approval after sponsor application has been approved?
We sent our application on Feb 2018 and already sent finger prints and medical exams, this is an inland spouse application. I recieved an email on Feb 4 that I the sponsor had met the requirements to sponsorship and that the applicant will be contacted shortly. I checked the online tool and it says application for pr in process. How long will it take for them to give us an answer on this.
Thank you

USaini

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks Wakki
Both approved at the same time yesterday.
This is inland.
Hi, Status on our application (me sponsoring my wife inland) was updated to "Decision Made" at the same time for both (Sponsor and Sponsored). Same as you mentioned above. Would you mind sharing how long did it take for final approval after that for your application. Medical was done back in Oct'18.

Jayjiss87

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, Status on our application (me sponsoring my wife inland) was updated to "Decision Made" at the same time for both (Sponsor and Sponsored). Same as you mentioned above. Would you mind sharing how long did it take for final approval after that for your application. Medical was done back in Oct'18.
My says sponsorship application status decision made. Its approved that was Feb 4 and the permanent resident application status says in process.
I guess everyone is different I just want to know how long can it take to get the pr decision made. And they send my husband email asking for medical exams on Aug 2018 then he sent them by 1 week after and they then asked for passport photo copy and after that then sent me the letter with the decision made for sponsorship but still waiting on pr decision.