+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Special program to sponsor Afghan refugees without refugee status from the UNHCR or a foreign state

ahmad54354

Oct 30, 2022
Hi everyone
I just wanted yo know if they still accept application to sponser afghan refugees because in the website it says

We’ll accept sponsorship applications for this special program until

• October 17, 2023, or
  • we’ve accepted applications for 3,000 Afghan refugees into processing

DOES it means they got 3000 afghan refugees already in processing

Should i submit my sponsership application this week or they will get returned ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I just wanted yo know if they still accept application to sponser afghan refugees because in the website it says

• October 17, 2023, or

Should i submit my sponsership application this week or they will get returned ?
You mean through Group of 5 without refugee status? If so, it would say closed and it does not. So go ahead and apply. Program is total of 3000 Afghan refugees. Assume your Group of 5 has completed the training.

Reactions: ahmad54354

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone

• October 17, 2023, or

The government hasn’t likely had a chance to review all the applications they have been sent yet to determine whether they have 3000 valid applications. No harm in submitting an application and hoping they haven’t received 3000 yet. Even if they have received 3000 applications some may not meet requirements so they may accept more anticipating that some may not qualify.

Reactions: ahmad54354

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The government hasn’t likely had a chance to review all the applications they have been sent yet to determine whether they have 3000 valid applications. No harm in submitting an application and hoping they haven’t received 3000 yet. Even if they have received 3000 applications some may not meet requirements so they may accept more anticipating that some may not qualify.
They are not accepting 3000 applications but 3000 refugees. This means only a few hundred applications may be accepted depending on family size.

ahmad54354

Oct 30, 2022
You mean through Group of 5 without refugee status? If so, it would say closed and it does not. So go ahead and apply. Program is total of 3000 Afghan refugees. Assume your Group of 5 has completed the training.
I am asking this because we go through lawyer and her fees is 5000 canadian dollers and she said i will submit but if not accepted by ircc because they already recived 3000 refugees applications the fee will not be refunded so thats why i am worried

And yes one of sponser from these 5 had completed the training already

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am asking this because we go through lawyer and her fees is 5000 canadian dollers and she said i will submit but if not accepted by ircc because they already recived 3000 refugees applications the fee will not be refunded so thats why i am worried

They are not accepting 3000 applications but 3000 refugees. So depending on family size, they may accept only 500. The program has only been open a few weeks so you have a goo chance of getting an application in.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009

So don't go with a lawyer who charges $5000. Spend a week or two and fill it up yourself. Ask questions here if you have.

Reactions: canuck78

Cowboy8611

Nov 14, 2022
Hi everyone

• October 17, 2023, or

[/QUOTE
Any body received application number number as part of this program? What will be next step?
No updates after the G number

Cowboy8611

Nov 14, 2022
We received G number for one of the application while for other two we are still waiting. Applied on 17 at the same time for 3 families and just got application number for one
I heard that sometimes the UCI number and G number come together for some applications.

Also, did you receive the G number for the prime applicant?

HopeForLife

Nov 14, 2022
I heard that sometimes the UCI number and G number come together for some applications.

Also, did you receive the G number for the prime applicant?
All the applications are prime. I mean in our group of 5, 3 sponsors has jobs and salary that each one can sponsor a family and the others sign as a pledge.
And-the G number is received for the head of the family only. Not sure if i got your question correct.

Cowboy8611

Nov 14, 2022
All the applications are prime. I mean in our group of 5, 3 sponsors has jobs and salary that each one can sponsor a family and the others sign as a pledge.
And-the G number is received for the head of the family only. Not sure if i got your question correct.
Are all applications separate or linked to the main application? Only one PA is required when the other two applications are linked to the main one.