+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP, OWP for SEP 2020 intake. UAE and elsewhere.

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hey there.
Anyone who've recently applied or planning to apply for SP, OWP for sep 2020 intake?
I did apply online on 27.02.2020 SP + OWP for my hubby from Dubai.
Received biometrics enrollment letter on the same day for OWP and a day later for SP.
03.03.2020 - SP gave biometrics and it got updated at the same day thru GCkey
04.03.2020 - OWP gave biometrics and it got updated at the same day thru Gckey.
The status is backgrounds check.
Review of eligibility hasn't yet started.

Anyone has the similar cases?
Cheers,
Sam

S@oza_

Mar 30, 2020
Hey....I did apply for OWP on 26th February..my biometrics and medical is updated... medical got updated on 9th March...but haven't received any updates since then...

Reactions: vikenfirakezi

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hey there.
Anyone who've recently applied or planning to apply for SP, OWP for sep 2020 intake?
Received biometrics enrollment letter on the same day for OWP and a day later for SP.

Cheers,
Sam
I also applied for SP and SOWP last January 30 2020 . we have the same status only Background checking up to now .

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hey there.

Cheers,
Sam
Hi Thr,

I am also staying in UAE working in Sharjah. Would you please share the process flow as in do we need to apply for SP before getting a letter of invitation from a college..Or is it done after you receive the invitation. Since I am also researching on this and planning to visit Canada on Student permit.

Thank you
Abhijeet

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi Thr,

I am also staying in UAE working in Sharjah. Would you please share the process flow as in do we need to apply for SP before getting a letter of invitation from a college..Or is it done after you receive the invitation. Since I am also researching on this and planning to visit Canada on Student permit.

Thank you
Abhijeet
Hi Abhijeet,

Sure.

U can get much more info thru CIC website, but will give u in short way:

Before getting LOA from college have some good funds on ur account kept for the last 4 months.

1)get LOA from college which is in the list of DLI
2)prep other docs (u can find the list on CIC) mainly strong SOP
3)open an account thru GCkey and upload all docs.
You can pay with UAE debit card, don't believe what ppl say that it wont work. It worked amazingly for me and took 1 sec to finish the payment transaction.

After that you will get biometrics enrollment letter. According to this letter u ll make an appointment at VFS in Wafi mall. Then maybe u ll be asked to give medical. I havent been asked.
Normally the biometrics results r gonna be updated thru gckey portal immediately. But sometimes it takes a while.
After it is updated, the next is to wait for the background check. After that - review of eligibility. Once the latter is done, the final decision shall be made.

Be patient and wait for the answer. As it says, roughly 5 weeks if u r applying from UAE. U can check it thru CIC.

That's it
Good luck,
Sam

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Abhijeet,

Sure.

Before getting LOA from college have some good funds on ur account kept for the last 4 months.

You can pay with UAE debit card, don't believe what ppl say that it wont work. It worked amazingly for me and took 1 sec to finish the payment transaction.

After that you will get biometrics enrollment letter. According to this letter u ll make an appointment at VFS in Wafi mall. Then maybe u ll be asked to give medical. I havent been asked.
Normally the biometrics results r gonna be updated thru gckey portal immediately. But sometimes it takes a while.
After it is updated, the next is to wait for the background check. After that - review of eligibility. Once the latter is done, the final decision shall be made.

Be patient and wait for the answer. As it says, roughly 5 weeks if u r applying from UAE. U can check it thru CIC.

That's it
Good luck,
Sam
Thanks a lot for the information. I am 37 and looking for a college where my application will be accepted. I got 6+ years of experience in sales in UAE itself. But unfortunately, all my previous companies are closed. The company I am working with now is a very reputed and stable company in hamriyah free zone since last 3 and half years. I am an electrical engineer from a WES verified college in India and a Marketing Graduate (MBA). Unfortunately My MBA is not as per canadian standard. I did the verification from WES, IQAS and CES, all turned negative. So what do you advice on getting a student permit. Also, I cleared my engineering with 58 percent in the final year.

Seeking advice. Please help.

Thank you
Abhijeet

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Abhijeet,

Sure.

That's it
Good luck,
Sam
Hi Sam,

One more question. Can I show my wife's account in India as a proof of fund for student permit. Is it acceptable.

Thanks
Abhijeet

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hey,
Well, we showed the amount of my saving account mentioning that this is our commonly gathered up POF.
I think it is possible however im a lil doubtful about the difference of country u r applying from and the physical location of funds in another country. Can bring up some tricky questions.

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hey,
Well, we showed the amount of my saving account mentioning that this is our commonly gathered up POF.
I think it is possible however im a lil doubtful about the difference of country u r applying from and the physical location of funds in another country. Can bring up some tricky questions.
Yes..I thought of the same..