+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
Prople say the SOWP is not guaranteed for spouses of international students because it is the truth. It says you can apply but the way it is worded it sounds like everyone gets approved. Not sure the exact statistics but it is kind of 50/50 when it comes to approval. How long does your spouse have left when it comes to her studies?
A year and 6months....well this time it has to work. Or else this calls for an awareness against immigration on this program because then what's the point of having it as a program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A year and 6months....well this time it has to work. Or else this calls for an awareness against immigration on this program because then what's the point of having it as a program.
The point of the program is for an international student to study in Canada. Having a family acconpany you is an addiotional benefit but it is not guaranteed. Never has been. Some have to wait until their spouse has PGWP, a job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stubs.

How much time have you spent together in person before you got married and after you got married? How many times have you visited him? You seem to have met while you were already in Canada.

Last edited:

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
The point of the program is for an international student to study in Canada. Having a family acconpany you is an addiotional benefit but it is not guaranteed. Never has been. Some have to wait until their spouse has PGWP, a job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stubs.
Well l have all that with me. So they will give me the visa

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
Ok that is very different then still studying. Your chances of approval are much better. The only other issue is how much time have you spent together in person? How many times have you visited each other?
We have been together since 2016 before she went to Canada in 2017....continued on distance relationship till 2019 November then we got married....visited each other once though. We have included communication logs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have been together since 2016 before she went to Canada in 2017....continued on distance relationship till 2019 November then we got married....visited each other once though. We have included communication logs.
The “dating” in 2016 helps but another factor in your refusal was likely that lack of time you have spent together in person. You have only seen each other once in 3-4 years and assume that was for the wedding.

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
The “dating” in 2016 helps but another factor in your refusal was likely that lack of time you have spent together in person. You have only seen each other once in 3-4 years and assume that was for the wedding.
Yeah that is true....but l want to see if they refuse this time what is their reason going to be about.

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Definitely not an expert. Did your first application get denied?
Yes, 2 times.
First time for my pay stubs and second time officer stated that we didn't get marry according to our rituals in back home,so refused.
PS-we are in a relationship since 2011, attached pictures, chat history, LOE, we had travel history to Dubai before marriage and after marriage I couldn't visit him due to studies and then i applied his application and refused 2 times and now corona..so I am stuck with my job here and can't go back home as the prevailing situation

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Yes, 2 times.
First time for my pay stubs and second time officer stated that we didn't get marry according to our rituals in back home,so refused.
PS-we are in a relationship since 2011, attached pictures, chat history, LOE, we had travel history to Dubai before marriage and after marriage I couldn't visit him due to studies and then i applied his application and refused 2 times and now corona..so I am stuck with my job here and can't go back home as the prevailing situation
Sorry to hear that. May I ask if wedding pictures, relationship details (pics, chat history), LoE etc were asked for or you yourself added it? I generated a checklist for SOWP of my wife using the online tool but it never asked for any of these things, except marriage certificate.