+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP September applicants

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
There is a application package of sowp includes ,workpermit outside canada ,2nd is Family Information ,there is another name as schedule 1 form ,can anyone have link ,i wont be able to find it .?
Is there any other application to submit am i missing anything ?

Aug 21, 2016
I am planning to apply for the SOWP before december. May I know which is better to apply through a representative or by myself? If by a representative, like lawyer or consultant what will be the minimum fee I should expect? I appreciate your experienced suggestions.

My spouse will be applying from Kerala, India

salmoncwb

Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys,

I have submitted my OWP renewal (due to new passport) application in September 26th. Still no answer.
It was from Canada, with upfront medical exam.

My current OWP is due to expire in January 1st because of my old passports expiry date.
My wife's study permit is valid until October 2018.

I am starting to worry because I have a scheduled trip to my country on December 15th, returning December 30th.
It is very unlikely that the border officer will let me in with my current visa expiring the next day.

Did anyone experience something similar? Will I have problems returning to Canada if the renewal doesn't get processed in time?

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
salmoncwb said:
Hi guys,

I have submitted my OWP renewal (due to new passport) application in September 26th. Still no answer.
It was from Canada, with upfront medical exam.

My current OWP is due to expire in January 1st because of my old passports expiry date.
My wife's study permit is valid until October 2018.

I am starting to worry because I have a scheduled trip to my country on December 15th, returning December 30th.
It is very unlikely that the border officer will let me in with my current visa expiring the next day.

Did anyone experience something similar? Will I have problems returning to Canada if the renewal doesn't get processed in time?
Why didnt you go for Flagpole directly?

salmoncwb

Apr 6, 2016
mayuri.asrani said:
Why didnt you go for Flagpole directly?
So I researched the term and found a lot of posts here in the forum. Thanks for the info!
This will definitely help me. If the processing takes much longer I will go to the border before my trip.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
need an advise ,i was filling up sowp application in which it stated that what type of work i select open work permit but then they asked about employer i said n/a BUT there is another section says "details of intended work in canada , and asking the intended location of employment in canada also with the job title etc ...what should i select in this ???? helppp needed because it is open work permit still i need to fill which province wants to go etc ??? or should remain unselected????

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hello Every1

So here goes d gud news,, Finally after long waiting period Got approval for SOWP,, Ds forum & all d members who keep posting their experience r doing marvellous job,, Keep posting people,, God Bless u all,,

I would like to thank each n every member,, It ws a life changing experience altogether,,

Below is my timeline:

FIRST ATTEMPT
MODE OF APPLICATION: Online
DATE OF APPLICATION: Jan 4, 2016
MEDICAL UPDATE(upfront): Passed on March 10, 2016
After ds there were only blank updates,, From our side We did wtever we could,, Lot of CSE,, Minister Enquiry,, Endless mails to concerned departments,, We only got to know that file was for further review & there is no specific timeframe to finalise application,, Also, case was getting processed in Chandigarh Embassy,,

We kept on waiting till August end & kept on loosing hope with each passing day,, 8 months passed with nothing in our hand,, No further progress,, It ws den me & my husband decided to WITHDRAW the application which we did on 26 August 2016,,
However,, there was still a hope,, N as I was suggested by Navprateek,, a Member of this forum only to try n apply from Delhi,,

So,, we gathered all our shattered strength & hope & REAPPLIED FROM DELHI which was our SECOND ATTEMPT

Here is d timeline of SECOND ATTEMPT:
MODE OF APPLICATION: Paper Based
SUBMITTED IN: Delhi Vfs
DATE OF APPLICATION: September 6, 2016
MEDICAL UPDATE: Passed as on October 17, 2016
APPLICATION APPROVAL UPDATE: October 19, 2016
APPLICATION APPROVAL MAIL: October 20, 2016
RECEIVED PASSPORT WITH VISA STAMP: October 20, 2016
Process ws done in 44 Days

This was my journey so far,, hope this helps other members in ds forum,, Would specially mention abt Yadav, Navparteek, FKL whu have bn true support,,
I know ds waiting game is hell,, bt we shud keep trying,, Rest GOD is dere to take care of everything,,

Thanks

milton1985111

Sep 19, 2016
APPLIED FOR MY WIFE SOWP ON 8 TH SEP 2016.
GOT MEDICAL REQUEST ON 28 OCT 2016.
MY WIFE GAVE HER MEDICALS ON 10 NOV.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR CIC NOW TO ASK FOR PASSPORT REQUEST,