+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing Time

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
I applied for Sowp for my wife on March 11,2020. Which was rejected in May. In GSMS note they say they didnt receive my work permit and other documents. After that I have applied for reconsideration through web form in July 22,2020. And I haven’t receive any response from them yet.
Question:

1) will they take into reconsideration?

2)Is it good sign that its take so much time and going to get approved?

3)what date they consider for application processing? March 11,2020 or July 22,2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for Sowp for my wife on March 11,2020. Which was rejected in May. In GSMS note they say they didnt receive my work permit and other documents. After that I have applied for reconsideration through web form in July 22,2020. And I haven’t receive any response from them yet.
Question:

3)what date they consider for application processing? March 11,2020 or July 22,2020
1. If you did not receive an acknowledgment do they even know you asked for a reconsideration? You should call to see if your file is even open. Can you check your status?
2. No not a good sign since you didn’t receive an acknowledgment.
3. Would be July if your file is even open.

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
1. If you did not receive an acknowledgment do they even know you asked for a reconsideration? You should call to see if your file is even open. Can you check your status?
2. No not a good sign since you didn’t receive an acknowledgment.
3. Would be July if your file is even open.
actually forgot to mention about the GCMS notes.
I applied for gcms notes on nov 28. And I can see reconsideration webform in gcsm notes. So, I think they get the documents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
actually forgot to mention about the GCMS notes.
I applied for gcms notes on nov 28. And I can see reconsideration webform in gcsm notes. So, I think they get the documents.
Well you applied end of July & processing is almost 8 months so you should get a response by March.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Question:

Hey even my spouse WP has been refused due to insufficient information regarding my job, so applied for reconsideration on NOV 13 with an updated employment letter but still hasn't received any response. When I submitted second webform I just got a generic response that they have received my docs and they will reconsider my request but it may be delayed.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
PPR Today! good luck all of you!
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- eligibility review started November 24;
- medical passed December 17;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22;
- PPR December 23.
Hey when did you apply for SOWP?

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I have applied for my study permit and it is still in process. I am planning to get married. I dont know whether I have to wait for my study permit process or do I have to get married now so that I can apply spouse visa for him along with my application.? or do I have to apply SOWP after I reach Canada?

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
H
Hey even my spouse WP has been refused due to insufficient information regarding my job, so applied for reconsideration on NOV 13 with an updated employment letter but still hasn't received any response. When I submitted second webform I just got a generic response that they have received my docs and they will reconsider my request but it may be delayed.
hey can I ask you in detail?
my SOWP app has been refused with the reason of noc not clear. Actually we didn’t provide roles amd responsibilities to them in the application.. and our lawyer mentioned it as NOC A job without JDs.
What was lacking in your application? And do reconsideration thing work?

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
H

hey can I ask you in detail?
my SOWP app has been refused with the reason of noc not clear. Actually we didn’t provide roles amd responsibilities to them in the application.. and our lawyer mentioned it as NOC A job without JDs.
What was lacking in your application? And do reconsideration thing work?
Hey,
I came to know that we have to include roles and responsibilities for sure, otherwise it will be rejected mentioning unable to determine NOC type and code.
Even, I didn't have roles and responsibilities before and that was the reason mentioned in GCMS notes, applied for reconsideration on Nov 13 with an updated employment letter and waiting for response. Meanwhile, we have also reapplied on Dec 9.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hey,
I came to know that we have to include roles and responsibilities for sure, otherwise it will be rejected mentioning unable to determine NOC type and code.
Even, I didn't have roles and responsibilities before and that was the reason mentioned in GCMS notes, applied for reconsideration on Nov 13 with an updated employment letter and waiting for response. Meanwhile, we have also reapplied on Dec 9.
Hello,
Yaa we didn’t have an idea that it would be rejected on this.
We are also confused about recomsideration/reapplying. We have applied for GCMS notes for details.
now the big issue is NOC.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hello,
Yaa we didn’t have an idea that it would be rejected on this.
We are also confused about recomsideration/reapplying. We have applied for GCMS notes for details.
now the big issue is NOC.
you can apply for reconsideration, but chances are very less likely. You can go for reconsideration with an updated employment letter and after 10-15 days drop a new application.

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Well you applied end of July & processing is almost 8 months so you should get a response by March.
Hi Naturgrl,
Online its show 24 week processing time for OWP applied from india. They receive my reconsideration request on July 22, 2020. -according to processing time my wife Sowp should get processed. What should I do now?

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Naturgrl,
Online its show 24 week processing time for OWP applied from india. They receive my reconsideration request on July 22, 2020. -according to processing time my wife Sowp should get processed. What should I do now?
There is no official process for reconsideration request especially for application types like SOWP, the officer may not re review it, I will advise that you just submit a new application, they’re probably not going to take another since you have applied for a long time with no response from cic