+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing Time

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
I submitted my SOWP application on 17 March 2020 and at that moment the processing time for my country to process application was 5 weeks right Now I am in my 5th week but today processing time changes to 6 week

so now will my file going to be considered to process in 5 weeks or 6 weeks ?

because when I submit my file it was showing 5 weeks

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
It will be 6 weeks. I applied on 24th March. Just week after you.
But i confirmed and it also written the processing time it showed at the time you submitted application will be considered for yours and if it changes after 4 weeks then that application processing time will be considered for this who has recently submitted or submitted new application today etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But i confirmed and it also written the processing time it showed at the time you submitted application will be considered for yours and if it changes after 4 weeks then that application processing time will be considered for this who has recently submitted or submitted new application today etc.
Processing times are only estimates. Given the pandemic expect longer than estimates by at least a few weeks in my opinion.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I submitted my SOWP application on 17 March 2020 and at that moment the processing time for my country to process application was 5 weeks right Now I am in my 5th week but today processing time changes to 6 week

so now will my file going to be considered to process in 5 weeks or 6 weeks ?

because when I submit my file it was showing 5 weeks
With COVID-19 situation there is definitely a serious delay. So expecting anything to process within the stipulated timeline (i.e. 6 weeks) is not good. Moreover as mentioned above by canuck78 Processing times are just estimates. I applied online on 5th Feb 2020 still no response. So wait until the situation is gone.

rishu12892

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
I applied for my brother who’s wife is on student visa in canada. My brother is in india. Applied on march 6,2020 . No update yet. Anyone on the same boat?

Sup_gill

Apr 28, 2020
Medical request means?
We submitted medical tracking sheet with the file
My husband’s medical was done December.

marrymechrispratt

Apr 27, 2020
There are definitely delays. I applied online March 19 - it was supposed to take 2 weeks, and I should have priority processing under the Global Skills Strategy. 6 weeks is tomorrow and still no response.

I'm guessing the application is held up in the NY office (I'm American), or has been shifted to the Canadian side and will take months. I thought about going to the border (I'm currently about 30 minutes from Windsor POE, but will be working in Vancouver) to try and get a WP...technically not flagpolling because I'm not traveling through Canada and am already coming from the USA...but have ultimately decided against it, and am deciding to wait. Good luck!

Hari G

May 28, 2020
With COVID-19 situation there is definitely a serious delay. So expecting anything to process within the stipulated timeline (i.e. 6 weeks) is not good. Moreover as mentioned above by canuck78 Processing times are just estimates. I applied online on 5th Feb 2020 still no response. So wait until the situation is gone.
You are rite bro now the processing time has changed to 15 weeks it was 17 weeks on 14th May

Hari G

May 28, 2020
Hi,
I had applied my SOWP VISA on 6th March paper based it had moved from Visa Office bangalore to Canada Visa Office Delhi
No updates yet and am not able to link the application awaiting UCI Number
Do we have to wait for 15 weeks from the day they process the application or the day of submission ?

Kindly share your thoughts