+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - November applicants from India

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
PLease some one help me out

Q1: What is the UCI number ? Do i give the one which I got during TRV(my trv was rejected)

Q2: I did my upfront medical . Shall I just upload the e-medical document that i got ? or is there any other procedure?

Thank you soo much everyone in advance

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
rbnayak said:
Hi, Still Waiting..... its 2 months over and now makes me depressed. ..

Any Updates for others?
Hi rbnayak,
Any updates ?? please share if u receive any response from CIC....

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
AiVi said:
Hi rbnayak,
Any updates ?? please share if u receive any response from CIC....
am still waiting and its been 2 months since submission.
rbnayak has also not received any updates.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
rbnayak said:
Hi Everyone,

I am Still waiting for Updates, It is more than 2 months and didn't have any update yet on OWP submitted 5th November.

Please Guys Share your time line you others can get Idea about the processing time.

Is it okay to call now VFS help line regarding status of application or have to wait one or more weeks?

Thanks,
Hi,
You can call VFS helpline but unfortunately, they are helpless.. You can mail directly to CIC, Bangalore.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/offices-bureaux/bangalore.aspx?lang=eng

This may help you..

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Be patient guys!!!

My OWP application submitted on the 3rd Oct 2014 is in the last step of approval(VISA stamping) then I think those who applied in the month of Nov 2014 should be getting their first response from CIC soon.(may be delayed by few days due to the christmas & new year holidays also)

Best of luck for all of you guys!

Regards,
K

-------------------------------------------------------
Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit
Application Type: Online
Submitted On: 3rd Oct 2014
CIC Requested for Police Clearance: 10th Dec 2014
Police Clearance Submitted On: 2nd Jan 2015
Passport Request from CIC: 7th Jan 2015
Passport Submitted @ VFS: 8th Jan 2015

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Do any one know this answer?

Q1: What is the UCI number ? Do i give the one which I got during TRV(my trv was rejected)

Q2: I did my upfront medical . Shall I just upload the e-medical document that i got ? or is there any other procedure?

CanInd28

Feb 12, 2014
Hi guys,
I applied SOWP paper application on Nov 26th 2014 and still waiting. No status change yet. Submitted medicals upfront. Its in the VFS Bangalore office. When can I see the status change? and how many days?...
VFS guys told me 14 working days, but no response yet...

Please update if anyone got SOWP......Thanks....

dk208

Jan 7, 2015
curious_123 said:
Do any one know this answer?

Unique Client Identification (UCI) is 8 digit number and will remain same irrespective of nature of application (work permit, study permit). I am not sure, how you get one if your application was rejected.

Yes, you have to upload medical document that you got from hospital.
Hope I answer your question.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey dk thank you for the answer, really appreciate it

-When I got the rejection letter, there was a UCI number there, Shall i put that one?
-With upfront medical , i got only a document called e-medical, do i just upload that ? or shall i upload IMM5753E as well?

dk208

Jan 7, 2015
curious_123 said:
Hey dk thank you for the answer, really appreciate it

-When I got the rejection letter, there was a UCI number there, Shall i put that one?
-With upfront medical , i got only a document called e-medical, do i just upload that ? or shall i upload IMM5753E as well?
Yes, you should fill your UCI. Again this number will remain same irrespective of nature or any number of application you apply with CIC.
I would probably scan and merge both document and then upload as a one document. But the document with hospital stamp is mandatory one.
Thanks!!

abhishek4u

Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

My passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 16 Jan 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. but I wasn't asked for any medicals. Does this mean my visa has been Refused? There are no mails from VFS. Please suggest. Thanks

rbnayak

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
abhishek4u said:
Hi,

My passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 16 Jan 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. but I wasn't asked for any medicals. Does this mean my visa has been Refused? There are no mails from VFS. Please suggest. Thanks
Hi Abhi,

If you been submitted upfront medical, then you don't have to worry about medical. As your wife is in Canada on Study permit, you are entitled to open work permit. So I wish you are approved.

By the Way, How do you know they dispatched your passport,? did they sent you an email or you just check the status?

I also submitted on 5th November, but still waiting...

Thanks

abhishek4u

Nov 20, 2014
rbnayak said:
Hi Abhi,

If you been submitted upfront medical, then you don't have to worry about medical. As your wife is in Canada on Study permit, you are entitled to open work permit. So I wish you are approved.

By the Way, How do you know they dispatched your passport,? did they sent you an email or you just check the status?

I also submitted on 5th November, but still waiting...

Thanks
Hey rbnayak,

I didn't submitted medical in advance that's why i am worried about my Approval. I just found in one of SOWP post that they will send passport for further medical process. I hope it helps.

Yes, they have emailed me for the Passport dispatched and changed that Tracking status as well.

Let's hope for the best.

Thanks

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
abhishek4u said:
Hi,

Hi abhishek4u

Strange that you did not get any email. Usually, they send emails. I hope the spam folder is also checked.
You can call up or write an email to VFS (for which i got to know in this forum that they rarely reply) but i feel that you can wait till u get teh passport in your hands.

Good luck.. and update your status :)
Regards,
Deh