AOR Received.
02-03-2023
December applicant sowp with sp
Date of application 7th
Biometrics 2nd Feb
Medicals upfront 30th November
Review of eligibility Jan 29

No update since
Apply for Travel Authorisation and request to Expedite your application.

Bayareawarrior

Feb 22, 2021
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
30-11-2020
Apply for Travel Authorisation and request to Expedite your application.
Hi, how do you go about request to expedite our application, I thought it was applicable only if one of us is in Canada
Thank-you

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
https://www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/visas

If you have approved visa then you do not need a travel authorization
You can check in this above link if you need one or not
What you are mistaking for Travel Authorization is eTA(Electronic Travel Authorization). eTA has always existed and it's something you always got with a visa. eTA is pre-pandemic. Infact some countries who dont need a visa to travel to Canada just need an eTA to travel.

TA on the other hand is travel authorization during a pandemic. If you are going on a Work Permit, you need a Travel Authorization to travel to Canada. To get this you need to explain to Canadian Authorities why you need to travel to Canada. It is really helpful for SOWP applicants as they can ask to reunite/travel with their Spouses who are either Students or Workers. Students don't need the TA. They might be asked for a Travel Support Letter from their College.

20canada20

Aug 25, 2020
Hi folks, my spouse wants to apply for the SOWP (spouse open work permit) but I ticked that she will not accompany me as I filled my closed work permit application (a few months ago) since she was about to get her PR, but it takes much longer than expected so she needs a new visa.
  1. I think she is still elligible to get the SOWP but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?
  2. As well in her SOWP application, they ask "Are you accompanying a family member?" Should she tick "yes" or "no" in this case? --> With a yes they ask for my WP, with a no they only ask for our common law proofs, which sounds weird to us.
I will be infinitely greatful for any help on this matter!

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hi, Is it possible for some one to change his employer specific work permit to open work permit...heard some has got in 1 week ...from bonded to open work permit...Any idea how????

Impeccable

Aug 30, 2020
Hello All,

Please I need clarification on when one can apply for SOWP.
I have an approved study visa and my program start date is September 2021. I intend to travel to Canada by August 2021.
Can I apply for an SOWP for my spouse now?
Or
Must I have arrived in Canada before I can apply for my spouse?

If possible, we would like to travel together in August 2021.

pradeep M S

Mar 23, 2021
Hello guys,

I am also in the process of applying for my wife's OWP and my kids study permit. Right now I am on closed permit in Canada. I have few questions like
1) Can I apply through my GC key account for my wife and kid application or do I have to create separate account.
2) Also do I need letter of acceptance for my kid.
You can apply with new account and for kid you can apply either visitor visa ( for Indians they will accept kids to join under visitor visa to study)

pradeep M S

Mar 23, 2021
Hello All,

Please I need clarification on when one can apply for SOWP.
I have an approved study visa and my program start date is September 2021. I intend to travel to Canada by August 2021.
Can I apply for an SOWP for my spouse now?
Or
Must I have arrived in Canada before I can apply for my spouse?

If possible, we would like to travel together in August 2021.
Apply now, do not delay , now a days its taking more than 5 months, do upfront medical before applying, will save some time.

pradeep M S

Mar 23, 2021
January applicant sowp
Date of application 17th
Biometrics 27th Jan
Medicals upfront 05yh jan
Review of eligibility feb 11

No update since

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hello,
Can you kindly advise how to request to expedite your application, you mean webform or some other way to communicate with VO?
you need to send an email to IRCC Covid Rapid Response Team. Please join in FB group Canada Spouse Open Work Permit group to get more information

A-Z

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
you need to send an email to IRCC Covid Rapid Response Team. Please join in FB group Canada Spouse Open Work Permit group to get more information
I would appreciate if you could provide the email address of the above mentioned team?