+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp - Inside canada - Any updates?

k.phoneix2022

Feb 20, 2022
I applied sowp inside canada on Jan 7th 2022.
113 days was the processing time then, but I heard from friends they started clearing and prioritising inside applicants, is it true?

Can I expect status on my application before end of this month? Or does anyone know if it will be sooner? Any ideas?

Appreciate all the help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied sowp inside canada on Jan 7th 2022.
113 days was the processing time then, but I heard from friends they started clearing and prioritising inside applicants, is it true?

Can I expect status on my application before end of this month? Or does anyone know if it will be sooner? Any ideas?

Appreciate all the help!
Unlikely. Even at 3-4 months that is much faster than it has been.

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
We applied for SOWP along with PR back in October. At the end of January, medicals were requested. My agent told me that when medicals are requested, the application is paused until the medicals are completed and submitted. After that, he said there is about a 4 week wait for the SOWP to be completed, but all applications are taking longer than normally for everyone. If your application is going at the same rate as ours, you will still be waiting until the end of April or May or even longer.

Reactions: canuck78

k.phoneix2022

Feb 20, 2022
We applied for SOWP along with PR back in October. At the end of January, medicals were requested. My agent told me that when medicals are requested, the application is paused until the medicals are completed and submitted. After that, he said there is about a 4 week wait for the SOWP to be completed, but all applications are taking longer than normally for everyone. If your application is going at the same rate as ours, you will still be waiting until the end of April or May or even longer.
Thank you for the response. Did you apply from inside canada?