+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP extension refused

HUFFEL0629

Feb 8, 2024
Hi, I am applying for PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. We just got a message that they refused his work permit extension application, and that they need my proof of employment as support. When I applied I use my ircc account and just attached my husband’s application , my question is do I need to create an account for my husband’s reapplication? Or can I use my own account? I appreciate any help, Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am applying for PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. We just got a message that they refused his work permit extension application, and that they need my proof of employment as support. When I applied I use my ircc account and just attached my husband’s application , my question is do I need to create an account for my husband’s reapplication? Or can I use my own account? I appreciate any help, Thanks
You can use same GCKey account and apply. When did his permit expire? Has he stopped working, and maintained his status? Do you have a job?

HUFFEL0629

Feb 8, 2024
You can use same GCKey account and apply. When did his permit expire? Has he stopped working, and maintained his status? Do you have a job?
His permit expires Just last January 31,2024. He stopped working since we received the letter the the extension has been refused. I am working now as full time employee. How to re apply again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
His permit expires Just last January 31,2024. He stopped working since we received the letter the the extension has been refused. I am working now as full time employee. How to re apply again?
Reapply through account just like before. Include your job letter and 3 paystubs. He cannot work until approved.

HUFFEL0629

Feb 8, 2024
My application for PGWP has no final decision yet, can it affect my ongoing application? Do i have to wait for my result or I can re-apply his application right away?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
November 2023
Just to clarify you applied for SOWP at the same time with no job letter/paystubs. If so apply for SOWP. Processing for work permits is at least 3 months. So if you wait, your spouse will not get a response until end of April or May

kat5738

Aug 9, 2022
We have received the final decision on the PGWP. Now, we will be applying for restoration and SOWP. I have a question: Apart from the offer letter that shows the salary, do we need to provide proof of funds such as bank statements?