+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP CHANDIGARH - Please join here! (All pending applications from 2016 or 2015)

Ramanrai

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks unsung for your help. So we got reply from Delhi consulate that my husband's file is being transferred to Chandigarh consulate :( All the best to everyone.

quote author=Unsung link=topic=446420.msg5396389#msg5396389 date=1471542633]

[/quote]

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Ramanrai said:
Thanks unsung for your help. So we got reply from Delhi consulate that my husband's file is being transferred to Chandigarh consulate :( All the best to everyone.

quote author=Unsung link=topic=446420.msg5396389#msg5396389 date=1471542633]
Did they mention what is the reason to transfer file? ???

ramangill

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
Hi everyone,

I am on PGWP working on NOc A job. I applied for my husband's SOWP and have not heard back anything yet.
My timeline is:

Date Applied: March 11,2016
Without upfront medicals
Paper or Online Application: Online

All the best to everyone and hope to hear something soon.

Thanks

MPH9197

Jun 25, 2016
Hi everyone mine is work permit file applied on dec 2015 still no update and don't know what's going on in Chandigarh embassy

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
ramangill said:
Hi everyone,

I am on PGWP working on NOc A job. I applied for my husband's SOWP and have not heard back anything yet.
My timeline is:

Date Applied: March 11,2016
Without upfront medicals
Paper or Online Application: Online

All the best to everyone and hope to hear something soon.

Thanks
Hi, do you know where is your file being processed, Delhi or Chandigarh?
And have you tried contacting CIC/IRCC through Case Specific Inquiry or email or phone?

All the best to you as well.

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
MPH9197 said:
Hi everyone mine is work permit file applied on dec 2015 still no update and don't know what's going on in Chandigarh embassy
Hi,

Did you applied online or paper application? Upfront medical or no?

Further, since it is close to 10 months for you now, have you tried contacting CIC through Case specific enquiry or email or phone?

MPH9197

Jun 25, 2016
It's papar based application with no upfront medical I did everything even email them twice but no response

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Application applied 2nd Feb
Medical upfront
Medical review (29 may )still reviewing
No update
File processing centre Chandigarh
Sent lots of enquires mails / phone calls / request letter by post
But not reply

We all have to think another way to close ours spouses !!
Can we withdraw our file and will go to Delhi for paper application ?

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Maangat said:
Application applied 2nd Feb
Medical upfront
Medical review (29 may )still reviewing
No update
File processing centre Chandigarh
Sent lots of enquires mails / phone calls / request letter by post
But not reply

We all have to think another way to close ours spouses !!
Can we withdraw our file and will go to Delhi for paper application ?

Yes, you can withdraw your online application, as mentioned on CIC website:

• You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.

So you can go to this link and fill out the form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

But make sure you are confident for what you are doing. As, it may (or maynot) be close to completion of processing at Chandigarh.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016

You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.

So you can go to this link and fill out the form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

But make sure you are confident for what you are doing. As, it may (or maynot) be close to completion of processing at Chandigarh.

Is it best option ??

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to lrocess a withdrawl application if it is a paper based application?

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one know how to get the file number for paper application submitted for spousal open work permit?

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
pankaj281 said:
Does any one know how to get the file number for paper application submitted for spousal open work permit?
You can try linking your file to online CIC account, then maybe you can see your application number there.
For linking file to online account here are the steps:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online-t431263.0.html

Hope it helps.

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Maangat said:

You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.

Is it best option ??
I can't say withdrawal is the best option or not. Since you have applied in February, 2016 and that is a long time, so I am not sure whether to suggest to go for withdrawal or not. It is going to be solely yours decision only.

It is tough time, as all of us are waiting and waiting, but ultimately you have to decide whether to wait more or withdraw and file again.
:(

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
I am going to do CSE. Have anyone of you guys did CSE? Did anybody got any response?
Can anyone send me a draft of the 'explanation' for the CSE?
Thanks