+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP August applicants

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
all the applicants who have applied in august can share their process related to timeline here.

anu2788

May 20, 2015
I am going to apply tomorrow with the help of immigration lawyer in Canada. Mine is first attempt.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Just sharing the documents my lawyer asked me for.

Documentation Required

From Inviter - (spouse in Canada)

ÿ Copy of Passport data page for yourself

ÿ Copy of your Notice of Assessment or Option C Printout for the most recent tax year – if available

ÿ Copy of your bank statements for the last 3 months

ÿ Copy of your current status in Canada

ÿ An invitation letter (see attached template)

· Copy of your marriage certificate

From Applicant

ÿ Copy of Passport data page with all his stamps in his passport

ÿ Copy of his birth certificate

ÿ Copy of his bank statements for the past six months

ÿ Two Photos of him meeting the following specifications. As we are submitting online, we will need an exact electronic copy. See the links below for photo specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp
ÿ proof of employment and financial documents ( e.g., employment letter, pay slips, T4/Notice of Assessment, bank statements), etc.

ÿ Copy of his taxation documents – if available

ÿ Copy of his two payslips from his employer, if applicable

ÿ Personal Statement from him indicating his purpose of travel, travel itinerary duration of stay, current employment, where he will be residing and who will be financially responsible (see attached template titled “Template Purpose of Travel Letter”)
ÿ List of all his relatives (see template chart titled “List of Family Members Chart”)
ÿ Any other ties he can demonstrate to his home country (property; investments; bills he has to pay; any other reasons to demonstrate he will need to leave the country at the end of his authorized stay)

anu2788

May 20, 2015
My lawyer attached following documents with SOWP application.

Host Doucment
1. His Passport
2. Student visa
3. College letter
4. Offer letter from employer where he works part time
5. Salary slip
6. Bank account statement
7. Invitation letter from him
8. Marriage certificate
9. Marriage Photographs
10. Education loan Sanction letter

Spouse Document
1. Immi5476E form
2. Family Information form
3. Passport
4. Cover letter
5. Last company reliving letter
7. Current company's Offer letter with CTC
8. Current company experience letter
9. ITR of three years
10. Bank statement of salary account
11. Bank Statement of saving account
12. PF account statement
14. Mark sheets of Masters and bachelors
15. IELTS

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
application are nowadays taking 36 days from 41 days.

my medicals completed as per cic call centre and file is processing

anu2788

May 20, 2015
Have you submitted upfront medical report ?

Any idea in how many days we generally receive medical request.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
yes dear i did submut upfront, it is very important to submit upfront medicals and save time rather than wait for request and submit.

anu2788

May 20, 2015
Ohh thats great , because in my case my lawyer dint asked me to go for upfront medical :'( she said it is not required.

Best of luck with your application :)

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
normally most of the people do provide upfront as ther is a good possibility of being asked for it. But since u didnt attach, just wait for them to request. usually you can expect it in a months time or anytime after 20 days of ur application i guess. i applied on 12 august and my medicals completed so that means they r doing it fast this time and shld not take longer than mentioned time. Wish u gudluck also and god bless

shell2510

Oct 13, 2015
@yadav you sure about the processing time of 30-40 days..as the website says processing time as 10weeks from India

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
processing time on the website is a general timeline and that should be considered a maximum period But if u call the call centre it give u info application made in which period have wat processing time currently. last time when i applied it was 111 days and it came around same time. Currently it says 36 days last week when my wife called it was 41 days. maybe the application volume is not very high as off now and is manageable in a timely manner. lets hope for the best gud luck n god bless.

Rajg@123

Aug 6, 2016
Hello All, I have applied for work permit on 21st July online application with upfront medical. My application status says open and final decision says not started, it has changed today as before it was in progress. Can someone plz help me out in knowing that what does it mean? Should I expect any news soon? Thanks

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hello friends im refused again for sowp. i have not got the letter from lawyer but on eta page just like last time it has shown im refused. i will just wait for the lawyer's confirmation today. gudluck to those who are waiting.