+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Hello gaurav
My brother got a interview call from Canadian embassy in Delhi for Spouse Work permit, his wife is studying in Canada.
What should he prepare for the interview? what documents should he take along.
They have asked for "Bring all required documentation with you to your interview including marriage photos depicting all ceremonies, post marriage photographs, proof of on-going communication, status of inviter in Canada, proof of on-going education of inviter in Canada".
Did someone else in the group had similiar interview.
Any help and tips would be welcomed.

Prateek1193

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
You can surely apply if your spouse is working under NOC B, however, CIC may consider your status and your incomplete studies here too. But still you have to take a chance. Call the CIC helpline and take guidance from them directly
Thanks for the info, just another question. My partner has an online application for pgwp but we wish to flagpole for her pgwp in order to cut 40-60 days off my sowp.

1) Is it ok to flagpole while having an online application (submitted 2 weeks ago) so should be refundable given the holiday break.
2) My trv is expired but I extended my study permit and is still valid for another 3 months. Would that be an issue for re entering after flagpole as I’ll accompany my partner?

I plan to submit my file after she receives her pgwp and 3 pay stubs. Hence the thought of flagpoling.

raiharry

Jan 4, 2019
hello..... when I applied study visa of my wife then by mistake I wrote my job as accountant, but I did not upload any document related to my job. now I want to apply sowp. and I am customer care executive with only 12th standard as my education. does it effect my sowp as I initially wrote accountant because now I have to submitted all my document related to my customer care executive job. please reply......

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello, I am new to this forum !! My company is applying my ICT and i want to apply for my Wife's SOWP and my kid's tourist visa alongside it. As per my attorney the ICT will take around 3-4 weeks. This is my first time traveling to Canada.

Questions - Barring any issues, the SOWP will also be processed in the same 3-4 weeks as would ICT? I ask this because the website currently says 16 weeks.

manojsax

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey Gaurav, I am a first time poster. I have a lawyer, but I am not convinced. Here is the situation.
I got PNP nomination both for work permit and PR. I chose to first get the work permit and move to Saskatchewan. My visa was approved last month. The lawyer at that time also advised study permit for my kids which were also approved along with mine. Lawyer had also advised for SOWP for my wife. Now this is stuck somewhere.
I linked the application after many tries under the "International Experience Class" sub-category. My first question - Is this the category under which application is being processed?
Application was submitted on 19th Nov. Lawyer now says that usual processing time is around 68 days. He got this number when he tried to push the case through local MP (without success). My next question - Is this the usual processing time?

We applied from US, so no need for biometrics, interview etc. Do you think my wife will realistically get her approval in next few weeks, given 6 8 days timeline or will it take months? Any recourse if it takes too long?

Thanks

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi guys, I'm doing paper application but on the checklist, there is no passport photos what can i do.

May 1, 2017
Hello

My wife is a student in Canada. She has just started her Masters (Jan 2019).
I have a few questions. I am an Indian.

1) I intend to apply for Open Work Permit from India. Is it easier from home country or from Canada?

2) I would like to know if there is a separate category called "Spousal Open Work Permit" in place of the normal "Open Work Permit"?
Is yes, how do I apply.

Thanks a lot

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum...My wife is a international student in Toronto...I wanted to apply for SOWP...Is anyone here in this forum who applied for SOWP application and got the approval without involving agents or lawyers? Require guidance in this regards....Thanks in advance

Eason

Jan 17, 2019
Can anyone help me out ? My wife she is visitor status in CANADA now and her status is expiring soon. We applied PR and got AOR few days ago. It is PNP paper based application. I am currently unemployment and holding PGWP, I have applied OWP for her twice but all of them got refused because cic said I need to be employed in NOC O,A,B job categories in order for her to be qualified for OWP.

My QUESTION is :
Is my wife eligible for OWP since we got the PR AOR.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Shalitz

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
@gauravsharma11210 -I am in Canada on ICT and wife/kids in India, and want to apply for wife SOWP. She does not have any work experience. Do you suggest TRV or SOWP?

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi Gauravsharma, I hope you can help me.
I'm currently a student with student visa expiry on Dec, 2019
My girlfriend is in the Philippines now, we are planning to get married here in Canada so she can apply for SOWP immediately. Unfortunately her Tourist/Visit visa got denied for several reasons about not convinced that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.
So i'm planning to go back home and marry her so we can still continue to apply for her SOWP.
My question is, will the refusal of her tourist visa gives an impact to her application of SOWP?
and I'm confused who will apply for the SOWP, does it need to be

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for the info, just another question. My partner has an online application for pgwp but we wish to flagpole for her pgwp in order to cut 40-60 days off my sowp.

1) Is it ok to flagpole while having an online application (submitted 2 weeks ago) so should be refundable given the holiday break.
2) My trv is expired but I extended my study permit and is still valid for another 3 months. Would that be an issue for re entering after flagpole as I’ll accompany my partner?

I plan to submit my file after she receives her pgwp and 3 pay stubs. Hence the thought of flagpoling.

Its a bit complicated. I can really say anything for sure. Depends on the officer at the border.