+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello Guys,
Can someone please suggest in my situation, I‘m PNP holder and already filed Application for PR (added spouse in it). Presently, my spouse is on study permit in another country. Can I still apply for his SOWP or it get rejected Becuse of his studies or I should try visiting visa. I’m confused, Please advice. Thank You!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,
Can someone please suggest in my situation, I‘m PNP holder and already filed Application for PR (added spouse in it). Presently, my spouse is on study permit in another country. Can I still apply for his SOWP or it get rejected Becuse of his studies or I should try visiting visa. I’m confused, Please advice. Thank You!
What is your status. There is no such thing as a PNP holder.

debbyadios

Feb 14, 2019
I am an international student graduating in 2021, i applied for SOWP for my husband since on the 9th of December 2019.... our application is still in progress, i am very lonely and tired of the wait... tomorrow is family day... i am alone...... not cool at all, very depressing.... it is taking so much time..... is anyone in my shoes right now?

Sangeetha_canada

Jul 31, 2018
Hii..
I' got admission in one of the colleges in Toronto for September intake. I'm planning to apply for my student permit first once I receive I am wanted to apply for sowp for my husband and trv for my kid. My baby is just 1 year old and he won't stay without me and I haven't stopped feeding for him.. what would be the success rate of my dependents ..? If it's getting rejected I'm planning to apply once I reach Canada again wil that work out

skrj

Oct 10, 2019
Hi all,

I got my biometrics validity letter... After how many days from now will we be able to get my application status or passport?... Can someone plz tell your inputs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hii..
I' got admission in one of the colleges in Toronto for September intake. I'm planning to apply for my student permit first once I receive I am wanted to apply for sowp for my husband and trv for my kid. My baby is just 1 year old and he won't stay without me and I haven't stopped feeding for him.. what would be the success rate of my dependents ..? If it's getting rejected I'm planning to apply once I reach Canada again wil that work out
If you get denied you will likely get denied again once you come to Canada. If you get denied one time would suggest ordering GCMS. Would start with seeing if you get the permit. If you aren’t prepared to go without your child and husband you might consider applying for all the permits together.

Sangeetha_canada

Jul 31, 2018
If you get denied you will likely get denied again once you come to Canada. If you get denied one time would suggest ordering GCMS. Would start with seeing if you get the permit. If you aren’t prepared to go without your child and husband you might consider applying for all the permits together.
Would I get it success if I apply all together? Or shall I apply once I receive the permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@gauravsharma11210 can you please help me, my bf came to Canada on study permit on Aug 2019. I am a student in Canada since 2016. Can I get a sowp if i marry him as my parents are insisting me to get married? What are the chances of getting sowp as i dont want to put him at any risk.
@gauravsharma11210 can you please help me, my bf came to Canada on study permit on Aug 2019. I am a student in Canada since 2016. Can I get a sowp if i marry him as my parents are insisting me to get married? What are the chances of getting sowp as i dont want to put him at any risk.
Why wouldn’t you just apply for PGWP. sOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. You would be protecting your if you did PGWP in case of relationship breakdown. With PGWP you have control of your own immigration and could add your future husband on your PR application.

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I am an international student graduating in 2021, i applied for SOWP for my husband since on the 9th of December 2019.... our application is still in progress, i am very lonely and tired of the wait... tomorrow is family day... i am alone...... not cool at all, very depressing.... it is taking so much time..... is anyone in my shoes right now?
Did you get any update on SOWP status?

AMAN42

Feb 21, 2020
Hlo everyone
My husband applied for sowp on 7 nov 2019.he got medical request on 21 nov 2019 .then he has done medical exam on 23 nov. From that time till now there is no update.he also sent web form enquiry and got reply back that we are still processing your application about 3 weeks ago.please anyone can help me? Is there anyone on the same situation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017