+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Logeswari R N

Jan 24, 2024
Hi anybody here submitted the SOWP biometrics in December and received their PPR?? (I’m in Canada on closed work permit and have applied for my husband & son in India) Biometrics submitted on December 27th..

Feb 29, 2024
Hi, I am applying for SOWP from India and my husband is on a study permit in Canada. I have all the necessary documents like the proof of relationship documents, financial and educational documents but i am applying by self and not with the help of any agent. I have few questions -
1) I have all the documents but is it necessary to get them notarised/signed by a gazetted officer?
2) Is one "Letter of Explanation" enough or should there be one more letter stating the relationship story or others?

If anyone has anything on the above, it will be of great help.
Thanks in advance!

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Dear @Naturgrl

I trust this message finds you well. I wanted to update you on the recent development regarding my work permit application. On February 5th, I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) citing concerns about misrepresentation of data, specifically related to visa refusals, overstays, or deportations.

In response, our attorney promptly addressed the issue, submitting a comprehensive set of documents, including passport copies, visa stamps, e-visas, and a detailed travel history. Despite these efforts, I received a refusal notice this morning under section 205(a).

I am reaching out to seek your valuable opinion on this matter. As per my understanding, the ICT category is typically reserved for roles with specialized skills, and my position as a Human Resources Manager/Talent Acquisition Manager may not fall under this category, could this be the reaon for my refusal ?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you could provide to better understand the reason behind the refusal and explore potential avenues moving forward.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Chirantar

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024
Hi, I am student in Canada and my boyfriend is also student. We planned to get married so that my bf can get a work permit and one of us can study. So my question is when I am entring the information to create checklist in GC Key, It doesn't provide me the option to Apply Open Work Permit when I selecte his current status as student. But when I select his current status as a visitor, then it provides. Please guide me is it neccessary to give correct answers of all questions to create a proper Open Work Permit Checklist, does the IRCC checks our initials answers?

Jan 6, 2024
Hi,

i applied august 26th 2023 under the common law sponsorship for international students.My girlfriend is going to school and i applied under her to stay with her in canada during the duration of her studies. It has been 7 months and still waiting.All it says on my portal,final decision 7th december 2023.Application is in progress.Interestingly,a couple calls to the ircc agent and also my local MP assurance.They said all stages have passed.This was actually 2 months ago when i foind this our.Im really in need of help to know what exactly is taking so long.If all stages passed why isnt there an approval? Can anyone help me in elaborating or anyone else was in this same situation?