+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP approved but my 2.5 years old child visitor visa is still in processing

Navi200

Oct 15, 2018
Hi,
I applied my SOWP and visitor visa for my child who is 2.5 years old on 15th july 2018. I got my visa approved but my child application is still in processing. I want to know as i applied both the applications at same time why the application of my child is not processed yet.

Last edited:

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
I applied my SOWP and visitor visa for my child who is 2.5 years old on 15th july 2018. I got my visa approved but my child application is still in processing. I want to know as i applied both the applications at same time why the application of my child is not processed yet.
Hey i have also applied for my sowp amd visitors for 1 year old child. Kindly update when you get your child’s visa approval. By the way i am waiting for my sowp to be approved too. Applied on 10th august. Paper based at vfs delhi. Where did u apply from?

s. tayyaba

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
02 ghost updates within a week however review hasn't started yet for my son's application... Can anyone pls guide what does this mean? Can't expect a medical when they haven't starting reviewing or should I expect some positive movements...

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
Dod you get your child’s visa?

Alat

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

Alat

Dec 1, 2019
Hi Canuck... I have applied for sowp and it got approved last week. While applying, I mentioned one more person (my daughter 1 year old) will accompany me. For her I have applied for visiting visa. Her processing status is still in progress and we are planning to travel by this month end. Could you please help me to understand how long would it take as it's almost reaching one month.

In between I have received auto email from Delhi immigration stating that lot of visitors request has been received at the same time we applied and we have to wait.

Could you please suggest on the approval probability and how long we have to wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck... I have applied for sowp and it got approved last week. While applying, I mentioned one more person (my daughter 1 year old) will accompany me. For her I have applied for visiting visa. Her processing status is still in progress and we are planning to travel by this month end. Could you please help me to understand how long would it take as it's almost reaching one month.

In between I have received auto email from Delhi immigration stating that lot of visitors request has been received at the same time we applied and we have to wait.

Could you please suggest on the approval probability and how long we have to wait.
Your child should get approval but can’t predict when.

Reactions: Alat

Alat

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks much Canuck for the reply. When I visited VFS. They have mentioned that now the maximum number of days to process visiting is 29 working days. So does the cout starts from the date in which o got approval. I am planning to write an email to Delhi immigration to expedite the process. Kindly share your valuable suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks much Canuck for the reply. When I visited VFS. They have mentioned that now the maximum number of days to process visiting is 29 working days. So does the cout starts from the date in which o got approval. I am planning to write an email to Delhi immigration to expedite the process. Kindly share your valuable suggestions.
Times are just estimates. You can try but normally there is no expedited processing. People should wait until approval to book flights unless they can be changed without fees.

Reactions: Alat