+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

bharathrv619

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my wife's open work permit extension on May 11th and today got update from CIC "Your application was cancelled".
But the reason stated is not clear. They have just mentioned about validity of your biometric information is till 2030/02/18.

Any idea about this ? I am trying to reach them on phone and will create a Web form.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hi. I have applied for my wife’s visa on 2nd January 2020 as spouse open work permit (SOWP) from India. I have many documents to keep so i applied through offline channel as thru online i cant more than 4MB space for docs.
I did medical upfront.

1) Anyone has idea that how much time it takes to get visa. ?
2) And I heard that the success rate is very low in spouse visa. Is it true?

Thanks

Rushi
Were you in india when you applied for SOWP for your wife ??

Or you were in canada and she's in india at the time of applying ?

AmitM3668

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

My student permit got approved in dec-19, I was supposed to travel in April-2020 to Canada, but due to Covid-19 I had to start my May 2020 session online from India. Is it possible to apply spouse open work permit from india.
Documents I have,
1. Valid student permit till Sepetmber,2022
2. Enrolment Letter from the University

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hello,

My student permit got approved in dec-19, I was supposed to travel in April-2020 to Canada, but due to Covid-19 I had to start my May 2020 session online from India. Is it possible to apply spouse open work permit from india.
Documents I have,
1. Valid student permit till Sepetmber,2022
2. Enrolment Letter from the University
i did not get you from where did you got valid student permit?

as study permit is always issues at the Canadian airport after landing

can you please explain what study permit are you talking about and did you receive that in your email?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Apologies please read the student permit as student visa .
This is issued on my passport in India.
its ok was just got confused like you said !

but i heard if you would have applied together concurrently at the same time, then chances are more because in that scenario either both gets accepted or refused.

but in this scenario the one your in right now i heard along with student visa you need to have study permit with you as they set the spouse work permit validity according to your study permit validity dates.

rest many seniors are here in this forum that knows better than me and has more knowledge !

AmitM3668

Nov 8, 2019
Thank you so much for your response.
In this situation can i apply for visitor visa for my spouse.
few consultancy suggest that chances of visitor visa being rejected are high.

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
yes she can try for visitor visa by putting up all the documents like employment letter, ITR, pay slip bank statements, travel history (if have any) etc....

also getting visa is pure luck

as i have read here on this forum from many seniors SOWP are not guranteed some do get approve but equally do get refuse (specially from northern India Region)

you can try for visitor visa

good luck !

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Thank you so much for your response.
In this situation can i apply for visitor visa for my spouse.
few consultancy suggest that chances of visitor visa being rejected are high.
do they tell you why some consultants are telling you "chances of visitor visa of being rejected are high "

?

AmitM3668

Nov 8, 2019
They say that as I have already received a student visa, and now I am apply for spouse visitor visa , it will get rejected. As per consultancy the best possible way is that I should reach canada and after one month I should apply for SOWP.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
They say that as I have already received a student visa, and now I am apply for spouse visitor visa , it will get rejected. As per consultancy the best possible way is that I should reach canada and after one month I should apply for SOWP.
yes i also heard the same but i dont know why all consultants are saying this one same thing only