+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2018 (India)

avinashmukka

Nov 9, 2013
Hi Saidy, I belive you should receive some update by this weekend, if i look into cic processing times it is showing as 17 weeks from india. Please do share when you have received, OMG i have applied to my wife in sep-16th, looks like it will go till Jan if this is the current scenario, but when i talk to few ircc consultants they have told me that processing times for spousal will not take much time but if i look into forums comments it is very frustating.

Thanks
Avi

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Hi Avi,

Its almost weekend in India and I have not received any updates yet. Its been over 18 weeks and not even a medical pass update, but the weird thing is applications applied in June and July are being processed but many from august and may have not even been opened. Not really sure whats happening.
Anyways you should be fine, and I hope that your application is processed swiftly.

Thanks

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi Avi,

Its almost weekend in India and I have not received any updates yet. Its been over 18 weeks and not even a medical pass update, but the weird thing is applications applied in June and July are being processed but many from august and may have not even been opened. Not really sure whats happening.
Anyways you should be fine, and I hope that your application is processed swiftly.

Thanks
Have you submitted webform to ask for an update ? Are you delhi applicant ? Aa seems like Delhi is the slowest in processing any visas

avinashmukka

Nov 9, 2013
Hi Avi,

Thanks
Hi Saidy, You can receive over weekend too,many visa offices will work on weekend too, hope you will receive shortly.

Regards
Avinash

Reactions: Saidy

vishnuvu

Sep 21, 2018
I AM IN POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT
SOWP FROM INDIA FOR MY WIFE
APPLIED- JUNE 18
MEDICAL REQUEST-SEPTEMBER 10
MEDICAL DONE - SEPTEMBER 15
MEDICAL PASSED - SEPTEMBER 21
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Have you submitted webform to ask for an update ? Are you delhi applicant ? Aa seems like Delhi is the slowest in processing any visas
Yeah!! Submitted it twice, no responses yet. Have also asked my area MP's help and they have raised an inquiry as well, waiting for their response.
I applied online, so not sure which office it would be, but guess it will be Delhi as its so slow!!!

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Yes, I did....unfortunately the CIC has requested the medical exam again!! Spoke with the hospital and they are going to send my spouse's report once again!!!
cool .. well congrats, I think the MP enquiry woke them up lol.. have you linked your application to online account ?

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
cool .. well congrats, I think the MP enquiry woke them up lol.. have you linked your application to online account ?
Think its too early for a congrats, will be worried until the visa is granted, but thank you Sidhu!!
Yeah, think the MP inquiry did the trick, and it was an online application to begin with!!

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Hello Guys,

Update reg my spouse's application, Medical passed today.
Any idea as to how long will it take for the final decision? And is there possibility of rejection even after medical pass??
Thank You