+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I'll be flying to Canada with a a spousal open work permit soon. Do I need to show anything other than the approval letter I received and the visa stamped on my passport to receive the work permit? Do I need to show insurance or any proof of funds?

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
veritas said:
Hi everyone, I'll be flying to Canada with a a spousal open work permit soon. Do I need to show anything other than the approval letter I received and the visa stamped on my passport to receive the work permit? Do I need to show insurance or any proof of funds?
No, make sure you know where your partner works and job designation and his/her address obviously.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unsung said:
No, make sure you know where your partner works and job designation and his/her address obviously.
He is a student, would anything be different in that case?

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
veritas said:
He is a student, would anything be different in that case?
would be kind of same question like where does he study and how he supports his education and they might ask u like do u have any idea what kind of job are u going to work under but don't worry they just ask general questions nothing to prepare about, my wife is also flying next week though.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I applied for SOWP on 4th of Oct 2016.
It is paper based application.
processing at VAC Bangalore..
Status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED on 12th November 2016

And I got the reply from them on 15th November 2016 stating :-

Please submit the below mentioned Additional documents.
* Marriage Certificate
* Proof of funds for Me and Spouse

Now again I submitted the demanded additional documents on 18th of November at Vfs pune.

I havent received any update yet... no email , no msg nothing,
I m realy worried...

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Hello everyone,

I had applied for my SOWP from Qatar in July and the file was being processed in Abudhabi. Unfortunately, it was rejected citing reasons as below

1. You have not satisfied me that you woul leave canada by the end of this period authorized for your stay. I considered several factors including:
-Family ties in Canada and country of residence

2.Other Reasons: Insufficient evidence to confirm genuineness of relationship with spouse.

The application was made online through a consultant.
I believe ( I may be right or wrong) that there could have been a limitation in uploading the relevant documents online, hence the very strange reason of " non genuine relationship"

As of now I'm planning to apply from India via paper at Bangalore VFS.

I would like to know your comments on how I could explain the reasons of rejection with the visa office.

I've already made a timeline of my relationship with my wife( we had been dating for 7 years..ironically I was rejected on "non genuineness")

As for family ties, I'm quite divided on how I could get to prove them. I've heard people show land and property and have read people getting rejected inspite of it.Although there is no formula is there anything else strong I could show for family ties in India?

I will probably leave my job to make a good application.Will my unemployment affect my application? I could show good funds. will that be sufficient?

Sorry for the long post. My wife and I have been apart for too long I'm sure many of you would understand the predicament.

Cheers

Praise.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
SOWP rejected 3 times

Now 4th time
Online application :- 12th October 2016
Medical request:- 25th Nov 2016
Medical done 2nd dec 2016

Waiting for there reply. Worried a lot.

summikhan

Nov 30, 2016
HELLO ALL...I have submitted study permit of my husband and SOWP for me on 29th November in vfs Hyderabad...next day we got an email that the file has been sent to VAC BANGALORE and it is been processed there...since then i am trying to link he application online for both of us but it is showing that they have no such entries...should I try linking it after some more time or is it a reason to worry

lastly as we submitted both applications togethert is it that both the applications will be accepted/rejected or only Study permit can be accepted and sowp can be rejected..what are chances..Please Help :-X :-X

Oct 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have submitted SOWP online application from Toronto of my wife n child.

I was rejected and give reason in past "due long time being apart from my family and hence doubt of relationships".

That application was submitted by agents and I though he had mistake in dates and because of that I got rejection.

But recently,

I have submitted application online on date 29th Nov. If anybody has applied during this time, Please stay in touch to get information n feedback.

aaww

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hey guys, I got my SOWP today and here's my timeline:
Inland CEC. As both of us have been in Canada for many years, med exam was not required.
Nov.11: Submitted application online.
Dec.14: Approved.
So that's simply it. 34 days. No phone call, no interview, no hassle.
Hopefully this will help. Good luck!

akash3009

Dec 15, 2016
I submitted the application fro my Wife on 1st Decmeber with all Medicals and other details in it. I received the request for the passport today. Timelines are as below:

1) Submission: 1st December, 2016
2) Medicals Passed: 15th December, 2016
3) Passport request: 16th December, 2016

That was real quick by CIC. ;D

abhilasha

Nov 23, 2016
Hi Akash,

Could you please let me know what all documents you submitted as I am also planning to apply for SOWP. My husband is a Post Graduate student in Montreal.I applied first time in July and was rejected.

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Regards
Abhilasha

Mar 15, 2016
Hi Experts,

Need your inputs, I am from India, My spouse is in Canada on study permit, her study visa is valid till July 2017. Can I apply for Spouse Open Work permit right now? ::)

Thanks in advance. :)

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
jasvir89khattra said:
Hi Experts,

Need your inputs, I am from India, My spouse is in Canada on study permit, her study visa is valid till July 2017. Can I apply for Spouse Open Work permit right now? ::)

Thanks in advance. :)
Yes you can but keep in mind your spouse's study permit should be valid for atleast 6months. I had the same problem then I had to wait for BOWP.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.