+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Unsung said:
Okay but u also mentioned that she has done her medicals after one week. Can u shed some light on this? Did she go through medicals upfront?
i don't have any idea on upfront. i've submitted on oct 25 online. then took appointment for medicals nov 1st. we are just waiting for medicals request so, we can submit right away . but it says medicals passed without submitting.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
navi9 said:
i don't have any idea on upfront. i've submitted on oct 25 online. then took appointment for medicals nov 1st. we are just waiting for medicals request so, we can submit right away . but it says medicals passed without submitting.
Did u apply on ur own or through an immigration consultant?

ravikant02

Dec 5, 2014
Hi all
Me and wife both are in canada.
I am on OSWP with job in canada.
My wife completed her studies and got her transcripts on oct 31st 2016.
She is applying for work permit and also will include my name in the application as spouse.
Can anyone guide what is the process.
We have downloaded the IMM 5710 form to fill the details.
What documents are required for the process for me and my wife.
Thanks Ravi

sgsiri

Jul 24, 2016
Hello Guys

I am glad to inform that my husband received his SOWP approval yesterday.
I thank everyone in this forum who was helpful in making this happen.

Below is our timeline:
Applied for SOWP : 11th Oct 2016
Paper based Bangalore VFS with pre medical done.
Medicals Passed : 15th Nov 2016
Approval letter received : 16th Nov 2016
Passport will be collected today.

Good luck everyone!

Jul 19, 2016
Hello everyone, thanks for all the information that everyone has shared on this forum. I got visa few days ago and would like to share my details so that it can help others.

My wife applied for student visa, she got visa in 10 days, I applied for open work permit after she got visa and got it in around 14 days.

We had a profile in express entry which we had withdrawn before applying for student visa. Our CRS score was 379. We had also mentioned this clearly in the student visa application that we had created an express entry profile earlier and had withdrawn it shortly. Don’t hide any information. Stay true.

Main Applicant details, (my wife, she applied for student visa)

Qualification: BCA and MCA

No Backlogs.

Job Experience: 1 year experience as a Software Developer.

Martial Status: Married

IELTS Score:

Listening 8.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 7.0

Overall Band Score: 6.5

Applied for 1 year course in Mobile Application development for Jan 2017 Intake.

Timeline:

File Submission:
Online Submission: 9th October, 2016
Medical passed: 11th October, 2016
Visa Approved: October 17, 2016
Got passport in hand – 19th October, 2016

Spouse Details:
Qualification: B.Sc
Previous travel and work history: worked for 1 year in Germany on work permit and travelled to U.K, Europe and few south Asian countries.
Age 31 years old.

Spouse Open Work Permit Timeline:
Online Submission: 24th October, 2016
Medical passed: 26th October, 2016
Original Passport Request – 1st November, 2016
Got passport in hand on 07th November, 2016

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
IndianRatatouille said:
Hello everyone, thanks for all the information that everyone has shared on this forum. I got visa few days ago and would like to share my details so that it can help others.

My wife applied for student visa, she got visa in 10 days, I applied for open work permit after she got visa and got it in around 14 days.

We had a profile in express entry which we had withdrawn before applying for student visa. Our CRS score was 379. We had also mentioned this clearly in the student visa application that we had created an express entry profile earlier and had withdrawn it shortly. Don’t hide any information. Stay true.

Main Applicant details, (my wife, she applied for student visa)

Qualification: BCA and MCA

No Backlogs.

Job Experience: 1 year experience as a Software Developer.

Martial Status: Married

IELTS Score:

Listening 8.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 7.0

Overall Band Score: 6.5

Applied for 1 year course in Mobile Application development for Jan 2017 Intake.

Timeline:

File Submission:
Online Submission: 9th October, 2016
Medical passed: 11th October, 2016
Visa Approved: October 17, 2016
Got passport in hand – 19th October, 2016

Spouse Details:
Qualification: B.Sc
Previous travel and work history: worked for 1 year in Germany on work permit and travelled to U.K, Europe and few south Asian countries.
Age 31 years old.

Spouse Open Work Permit Timeline:
Online Submission: 24th October, 2016
Medical passed: 26th October, 2016
Original Passport Request – 1st November, 2016
Got passport in hand on 07th November, 2016
first of all congrats. Did you applied by your own or through agent?. and how much have you shown as proof of funds, have you purchased gic?

Jul 19, 2016
navi9 said:
first of all congrats. Did you applied by your own or through agent?. and how much have you shown as proof of funds, have you purchased gic?
Thank you, my wife's student visa was applied by an agent, I applied for my open work permit myself without any support from any agent, just by reading this forum...
My wife has purchased GIC for his student visa under SPP, I did not purchase GIC for my open work permit...We did not show any funds for my wife's student visa, I had show around 4-5 lakh cash, 3.5 lakh in credit cards and around Fixed deposit of around 10 lakhs on the name of my father.

ravikant02

Dec 5, 2014
asdfgh123 said:
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin

Congrats.
I want to share my case with u.
I am on oswp in canada.
We both are presently living in canada.
My wife completed here studies now and wants to apply for work permit from toronto which will include me also.
Can you guide me how to apply online and what docs are required to apply online.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I applied for SOWP on 4th of Oct 2016.
It is paper based application.
processing at VAC Bangalore..
Status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED on 12th November 2016

And I got the reply from them on 15th November 2016 stating :-

Please submit the below mentioned Additional documents.
* Marriage Certificate
* Proof of funds for Me and Spouse

I have no idea why they asked me for this docs, As I had already submited this docs while applyng at vfs...

Now again I submitted the demanded documents on 18th of November at Vfs pune.

Can anyone help like how long it will take now for the Final decision?? And is this normal??
I m realy worried...

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Hi guys, so finally my wife received her passport stamped with SOWP visa. Below are the timelines:
Applied: April 28th
Medical request: They didn't ask because we already received our medical request for PR application
PPR: November 7th
Approval Email: November 18th
Passport in hand: November 19th
Landing: December 1st

I wish you guys all the best.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Unsung said:
Hi guys, so finally my wife received her passport stamped with SOWP visa. Below are the timelines:
Applied: April 28th
Medical request: They didn't ask because we already received our medical request for PR application
PPR: November 7th
Approval Email: November 18th
Passport in hand: November 19th
Landing: December 1st

I wish you guys all the best.
Congrats...

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Hey i have a question is there any time limit to enter Canada after receiving visa for spouse. Some one said they should travel before 60 days is that true? Or I can wait bit longer.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
navi9 said:
Hey i have a question is there any time limit to enter Canada after receiving visa for spouse. Some one said they should travel before 60 days is that true? Or I can wait bit longer.
I don't think it is written somewhere that u have to enter in certain amount of days. I think you have to enter before your visa expires. Just my 2 cents.

Keny1209

Jun 19, 2016
Dear friends i am planning to apply for SOWP. my husband is Indian and working in UAE. so which country should i put for country of residence. if it is UAE ,does it affect processing time .please help me