SOWP 2016 applicants

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayazk88 said:
Hello Members,

I am in a very confusing situation right now. I am a Student here in Canada doing my masters in Engineering. In feb i applied for SOWP online from here in canada while i was re newing my study permit, then CIC helpline told me that i should not apply for my wife OWP here in canada so we withdrew the application and she re applied paper based application with up front medical from pakistan. We made Case specific inq and withdraw our online application and we also got reply that "A note has been added to your application about your decision". Now weird thing happened on her online account she got medical request and we have no idea what to do now as paper application is pending back home while we previously withdraw this online application, if application is withdrawed then why she get medical request? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Did you submit upfront medical? Is the application number on your medical request the same as your online application?

pr_ptl

Mar 26, 2016
Hello all,

With the help of god grace and lot of passion (After Three previous refusal)..
My Spouse Work permit is approved on Oct 26,2016.

applied in Bangalore-Paper based..Aug 23

All the Best for all applicant who are waiting for their application.

Thank You All member of this forum for sharing valuable information.

aegan

Jul 4, 2016
Hi all

Below is my timeline .

Mode of application : paper based SOWP
Place : Bangalore
Applied on : June 29
Medical request : October 13
Medicals submitted : October 19
Passport stamped : October 24.

Thanks to everyone .

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
pr_ptl said:
Hello all,

With the help of god grace and lot of passion (After Three previous refusal)..
My Spouse Work permit is approved on Oct 26,2016.

applied in Bangalore-Paper based..Aug 23

All the Best for all applicant who are waiting for their application.

Thank You All member of this forum for sharing valuable information.
Congrats. Did you link your application to your online account? and did you get any updates over mail from the Bangalore Consulate?

skbhat

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for SOWP first in august 2016, got refused because of not submitting spouse current and continuous educational documents. I have submitted only documents asked to upload. Since not asked anywhere I have not submitted any documents of education, student permit of my wife and my financial documents

Next time in october 2016, Applied with all documents as below

1) all application forms
2) medicals
3) pass port and photo
4) my bank statements ( both salary and other savings account)
5) marriage certificate
6) payslips for three months
7) income tax returns of last three years
8) ECA by WES
9) offer letter during joining, letters pertaining to new roles and promotions ( since I am working in same company from last 6 years)
10) leave approval letter for three months
11) letter of explanation
12) IELTS score card

Spouse documents:
1) course offer letter
2) student visa document

Again visa rejected with a reason that spouse course enrollment letter and fee paid receipts not submitted

I am currently working in skill "0" role from last 5+ years. my Express entry application is still active. I got married in Dec 2015 and my wife left in jan 2016. My wife visa is valid till april 2016 only. Now since time is very less to get jobs and all, I want to just visit her without working. So I want to apply for visitor visa. How much right it is applying visitor visa after two work permit refusal and express entry application active.

please suggest me.

Regards
sk

skbhat

Feb 1, 2016
does your spouse working or studying?

If Studying, I need some clarifications from you, can you please let me know your email ID?

Regards
SK

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi frndzz, Have applied for my swop from india,
Applied on 4th of oct 2016,
Submited at vfs pune,
Processing at canada visa office Bangalore,
Still i havnt got any update regarding the same,
And also not able to link my application,
Plzzzzz help

newbieuser

Oct 31, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and this is my very first post :D !!

I am gonna keep it quick and straight forward. I am on a PGWP in Canada with a NOC A job. I am getting married on December 16th in India and hope to bring my wife with me. I have got conflicting suggestions to apply :
TRV first and then OWP after getting here
Apply for SOWP directly

Can anyone here suggest which one would be a smoother and quicker process for us. My would-be is working in India currently but we are okay if she doesn't work right away when she gets here. All we care is for her to join me in Canada as soon as possible with no hassles.

Thank You!

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Justin william said:
Hi frndzz, Have applied for my swop from india,
Applied on 4th of oct 2016,
Submited at vfs pune,
Processing at canada visa office Bangalore,
Still i havnt got any update regarding the same,
And also not able to link my application,
Plzzzzz help
Justin,

I too applied on Oct 3 still not able to link it but sept month is getting processed ,i think Nov will bring happiness in our lives

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
GAULOV said:
Justin,

I too applied on Oct 3 still not able to link it but sept month is getting processed ,i think Nov will bring happiness in our lives
Thanx, :)
Wait is killing me nw :'(
Can you please share the list of document you attached with your application.

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Justin william said:
Thanx, :)
Wait is killing me nw :'(
Can you please share the list of document you attached with your application.
Me too applied on 3rd october from india..file being processed in Bangalore Consulate..not able to link application:(

MUGDHA.SANKET

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for spousal work permit on 25 th of july 2016. It is paper based application. Now processing at VAC Bangalore..

And I got the reply from them on 24 th October2016:-

Please submit the below mentioned documents. This must be received at this office by: 2016/11/23
 Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s)
 Proof of Spouse’s current attendance at Humber College  Proof of Spouse’s funds in Canada
Please submit the above requested documents through VFS...

So, I submitted demanded documents on 28th October at Vfs pune. Now waiting for reply...

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
MUGDHA.SANKET said:
I applied for spousal work permit on 25 th of july 2016. It is paper based application. Now processing at VAC Bangalore..

Please submit the below mentioned documents. This must be received at this office by: 2016/11/23
 Proof of Spouse’s current attendance at Humber College  Proof of Spouse’s funds in Canada

So, I submitted demanded documents on 28th October at Vfs pune. Now waiting for reply...
Hi Mugdha,
Can you please help me understand , As you mentioned that It was a paper based application then obvsly you might have submited your marriage certificate along with all your required docs while applying at VFS,,,then why they are again asking you for Your marriage certificate ... :mad:

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
MUGDHA.SANKET said:

So according to cic this is non standard application and it will take lots of time. So calm down and wait. Because I am in same situation too.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin