+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
i have important question, while submitting owp application .is it okay to submit the spouse currently employer in home country letter that the head or company is aware of this and he/she going as iam applying for my student with sowp ,so that visa officer knows that he is going there with me for my limited time and will not get settle because he has already job here and his employer letter is a proof that he will be back ??? any suggestions???like i have read it here in any diff blog stated this

Letter of reference from her present employer to canadian consular office stating that they are aware he/she intends to visit and spend some time in canada with her/his spouse (pls note that Cic didn't ask for this. I just wanted to remove any suspicion over what happens to her work while she dashes off to live a year or two in canada. I didnt like the idea of resignation. That may seem to the visa officer like once she gets another job in canada, she will not want to leave the country again

can somebody comment on this ?? and clarify me

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Yes...that is completely ok...in fact that is better...it is like the person is taking a sabbatical from work to join their spouse and would be back once the task/term finishes. It helps the application!

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drnadiaj said:
i have important question, while submitting owp application .is it okay to submit the spouse currently employer in home country letter that the head or company is aware of this and he/she going as iam applying for my student with sowp ,so that visa officer knows that he is going there with me for my limited time and will not get settle because he has already job here and his employer letter is a proof that he will be back ??? any suggestions???like i have read it here in any diff blog stated this

Letter of reference from her present employer to canadian consular office stating that they are aware he/she intends to visit and spend some time in canada with her/his spouse (pls note that Cic didn't ask for this. I just wanted to remove any suspicion over what happens to her work while she dashes off to live a year or two in canada. I didnt like the idea of resignation. That may seem to the visa officer like once she gets another job in canada, she will not want to leave the country again

can somebody comment on this ?? and clarify me
Thats make your file more stronger and dont forget to show last 6 months paystubs. And also IT returns of 2 years if possible.
Good luck.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hiii said:
Thats make your file more stronger and dont forget to show last 6 months paystubs. And also IT returns of 2 years if possible.
Good luck.
Ok thanks but now i am thinking about the format or exactly what to write? I mean my studies is for 2 years how can employer write down in letter that after 2 years he will join the same job?? Or like the letter should not mention the time period.help need please

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drnadiaj said:
Ok thanks but now i am thinking about the format or exactly what to write? I mean my studies is for 2 years how can employer write down in letter that after 2 years he will join the same job?? Or like the letter should not mention the time period.help need please
I did in past but I dont have format. DON'T WRITE 2 YEARS IN YOUR LETTER. Infact, i did not mention specific time period in my letter but I can suggest to take some advice from expert.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Guys my wife has received her medical call on August 29. medical passed Sep 2. no update since then. I am worried. what should i do?

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
@antorr:

have u applied online??
my wife got her medical request on 6 Sep...medical passed around 14th...got the approval mail by 1st oct...
might also depend on the vfs processing your application.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will notify in 15 days if medical pass. So call them after long weekend.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
sunprashanth99 said:
@antorr:

have u applied online??
my wife got her medical request on 6 Sep...medical passed around 14th...got the approval mail by 1st oct...
might also depend on the vfs processing your application.
Yes applied online. mine is VFS singapore. yours?

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
Hi guys, My passport is stamped and received approval email too...... :)
Thanks for all your support..

Sharing my timeline here

Application (Online) : August 23, 2016 - Made outside Canada
Medical Passed : September 02, 2016
Passport Request : October 04, 2016
Passport Submitted : October 04, 2016
Received Approval Email : October 07, 2016
Received Stamped Passport : October 11, 2016

Hope this helps Smiley Thank you once again..

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
anttor said:
Guys my wife has received her medical call on August 29. medical passed Sep 2. no update since then. I am worried. what should i do?
I would recommend wait for a week or so.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi guys,
Sadly today we received bad news of refusal for my husband's SOWP. Very unjustifiable reasons given. He applied from Islamabad Pk, it was apparently processed in Abu Dhabi.

Here are the details:
Applied: 25 May 2016
Refused: 13 October 2016
Processing time: 141 days
Reasons for refusal:
1. Basically you're not entitled to a work permit and you need an LMIA (incorrect because I'M on a work permit and he IS entitled to one).

2. You have not satisfied us that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized period because -
a. family ties in Canada and in home country.
b. purpose of visit.
c. employment prospects in country of residence.
d. current employment situation (he is self-employed AND owns a company)
e. personal assets and financial status (we provided company ownership papers and a letter from the bank showing CA$13,000)

3. AND the worst one of them all is: you have not provided the Nikkah (Islamic marriage papers), therefore I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine (we provided the Government of Pakistan registration of the marriage).

God knows best. I hope my experience can help someone out there. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help if I can.

:(

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Zimprincess said:
Hi guys,
Sadly today we received bad news of refusal for my husband's SOWP. Very unjustifiable reasons given. He applied from Islamabad Pk, it was apparently processed in Abu Dhabi.

Here are the details:
Applied: 25 May 2016
Refused: 13 October 2016
Processing time: 141 days
Reasons for refusal:
1. Basically you're not entitled to a work permit and you need an LMIA (incorrect because I'M on a work permit and he IS entitled to one).

2. You have not satisfied us that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized period because -
a. family ties in Canada and in home country.
b. purpose of visit.
c. employment prospects in country of residence.
d. current employment situation (he is self-employed AND owns a company)
e. personal assets and financial status (we provided company ownership papers and a letter from the bank showing CA$13,000)

3. AND the worst one of them all is: you have not provided the Nikkah (Islamic marriage papers), therefore I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine (we provided the Government of Pakistan registration of the marriage).

God knows best. I hope my experience can help someone out there. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help if I can.

:(
That's bad luck...I don't know why they don't satisfied with the marriage certificate, I got refusal in first attempt too and now I have applied for 2nd time on last June 08, 2016. I haven't got any response yet, I don't know what they are doing now.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
There is a application package of sowp includes ,workpermit outside canada ,2nd is Family Information ,there is another name as schedule 1 form ,can anyone have link ,i wont be able to find it .?
Is there any other application to submit am i missing anything ?