+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone
I have a question if anyone can help me.
I applied for an open work permit (extension) from inside Canada in mid August, on the basis of my spouse.
I applied through mail.
Now that i have seen there is a big difference between the application submitted through mail(110 Days) and online(34 Days).
I was wondering If i can withdraw my application and instead apply online?
I called cic the the agent said that I can withdraw but it might delay my next application.
Can anyone help me through their experience?
What should I do?
As I have to travel so I really want my application to be processed asap.

Thank you so much.

SD_India

Feb 18, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
Dear All,

I need your advice on below case.

My wife received TRV- W1- Worker ( ICT transfer ), she is flying in November end, so work permit will be receiving on arrival at POE. Earlier i was not going to accompany her, but now we decided to travel together.

I need to know what are my options and possibilities.

1. Am planning to work there, so can i apply for spouse open work permit on basis of my wife's trv worker visa & authorisation letter only without her work permit ? are there any chances of refusal or rejection ? If we filled together for her trv worker & my sowp i know it would have gone thru but what are my options now ?

2. Is it advisable to get trv dependent visitor now & later apply for SWOP change in status and worker visa once am in Canada ? How long it will take for such changes to happen ? any rejection possibility ?

Awaiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks a ton.

Regards
SD

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
can any one tell me ,for owp application documentation submit like academic ,transcripts, degrees ,experiences letter do they need the photocopy with attestation ??if yes then who can attest or notarize?can any consultant or advocate can do this?Huh? or just the college whom anyone graduate and get degree Huh thanks

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
As per CIC , all docs must be notarized. Legal practitioner (Lawyer) can do it.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
dholhin1 said:
As per CIC , all docs must be notarized. Legal practitioner (Lawyer) can do it.
all documents means ,the application package too which we filled ?or just the supporting documents ?

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to notarize. I prepare file from Canadian Lawyer and he did not tell me to do that. I just print it and submit it. Even my all friends who applied through online did not do that. Its our back home mindset to notarized. If they really want to see whether our documents are true or not then they will mail us but it will never happen as per my experience.
So go and submit. Don't consider such kind of useless things in your mind but focus more how to make case stronger. Last up to you. All the best.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hiii said:
No need to notarize. I prepare file from Canadian Lawyer and he did not tell me to do that. I just print it and submit it. Even my all friends who applied through online did not do that. Its our back home mindset to notarized. If they really want to see whether our documents are true or not then they will mail us but it will never happen as per my experience.
So go and submit. Don't consider such kind of useless things in your mind but focus more how to make case stronger. Last up to you. All the best.
ok but my application is paper not online ,still your opinion is same ?

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drnadiaj said:
ok but my application is paper not online ,still your opinion is same ?
Yeah. Even I did not do. My was paper too. If you want then go ahead for your satisfaction.

abigail4491

Sep 21, 2016
Hi guys, My passport is stamped and received approval mail.. :) Thanks for all your support.. Canadavisa forum has been of a great help from the beginning.. :)

Sharing my timeline here

Application (Online) : August 11, 2016
Medical Request : September 6, 2016
Medical Done : September 8, 2016
Medical Passed : September 14, 2016
Passport Request : September 27, 2016
Passport Submitted : September 27, 2016
Received Approval Email : October 1, 2016
Received Stamped Passport : October 5, 2016

Hope this helps :) Thank you once again.. :)

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
abigail4491 said:
Hi guys, My passport is stamped and received approval mail.. :) Thanks for all your support.. Canadavisa forum has been of a great help from the beginning.. :)

Sharing my timeline here

Application (Online) : August 11, 2016
Medical Request : September 6, 2016
Medical Done : September 8, 2016
Medical Passed : September 14, 2016
Passport Request : September 27, 2016
Passport Submitted : September 27, 2016
Received Approval Email : October 1, 2016
Received Stamped Passport : October 5, 2016

Hope this helps :) Thank you once again.. :)
Congrats! can you tell which VFS it was?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please help me.. I submitted an upfront medical with my SOWP application but received a medical request in my account today. What to do?? please help!

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
veritas said:
Can anyone please help me.. I submitted an upfront medical with my SOWP application but received a medical request in my account today. What to do?? please help!
Check with your physician if they have submitted your medical results to CIC yet. As sometimes they mess up things, and you can always contact the CIC customer care of do a case specific inquiry if I am not wrong. But customer care should fix your issue. give it a shot

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Alchemist said:
Check with your physician if they have submitted your medical results to CIC yet. As sometimes they mess up things, and you can always contact the CIC customer care of do a case specific inquiry if I am not wrong. But customer care should fix your issue. give it a shot
Okay, will give it a shot. Thanks

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi Veritas

I am too in same situation as urs,,
Please check d TYPE of medical request,,

In my case my upfront medical was EDE type,,
but d request which i got now is NON EDE type,,
So, wot can b done?? We need to re-do medicals??

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SonikaRJ said:
Hi Veritas

I am too in same situation as urs,,
Please check d TYPE of medical request,,

In my case my upfront medical was EDE type,,
but d request which i got now is NON EDE type,,
So, wot can b done?? We need to re-do medicals??
SonikaRJ my upfront medical was non EDE and they have asked for non EDE again. Called IRCC, they said it happens when the VO cannot locate your medical. So I'll contact the physician now.
Have you sent a case specific enquiry?