+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My wife got study permit and I got SOWP for 1 year and then before it got expired we applied for my wife's PGWP but we came back to India before receiving it (Mistake). Now in just last month my wife received her PGWP but we are in India. So now applying for her TRV.

My question is Should I try to submit my SOWP with her TRV? Are there any chances of getting my SOWP approved with her TRV application?

Also to submit documents for SOWP, I have Fixed deposits on my mother's name (In my Mother's account). Can I show that as my fund? If not then what should I do?

Please guide..

Thanks
Nisarg Shah

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
GreenHak said:
IRCC introduced load balancing to make the speed up online application processing. An online application made outside canada can be sent to any visa processing centres around the world.

But usually, they are being sent to the home country of the applicant. In India, I've observed most of the online applications are processed in the Canadian High Comission in Delhi.

Anyway no one can predict accurately where it will be processed unless they disclose while communicating with you when the application is in process.

You can find more information on online applications in the following thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-online-application-approved-timeline-t272262.0.html

Hi

Can you please help me regarding my SOWP application?

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi all,

I got a medical request from CIC on 12th April and I got my medical done 14th April. The hospital say they submitted the medicals on 20th of April.. Talking to my attorney, she says CIC notifies the receipt of report. So notifying means acceptance of the report or passing medicals? I m confused.. Please help me.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
nisarg1711 said:
Hi

Can you please help me regarding my SOWP application?
Yes we all are here to help you. :)

Asma12

Apr 13, 2016
Its been 100 days now from the day I applied. Does anyone has any idea y is it taking too long. Specially pak processing time is way too long. :mad:

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
GreenHak said:
Yes we all are here to help you. :)
Hi,

My wife got PGWP in last month but we are right now in India. So we are applying for her TRV. And I want to apply for SOWP on based of her PGWP.

For my SOWP application how much money I should show in my bannk account? Can I show my parent's money? Do I need to give medical test again?

For applying SOWP I guess my wife has to go there and work under NOC O A OR B category for a month and then I can put my file from India as per the rule. But if I want to accompany her to Canada then Can I apply for my TRV and accompany her? And then can I apply for SOWP from within Canada?

Please guide.

Thanks

Cansh

Jan 7, 2015
URGENT Help needed!!!

Hi. I applied SOWP from within canada(while on TRV) on 1st Dec 2015. Its has been 140+ days and I am still waiting!!!!!!!!

I made an online application and since it is my initial permit I expected it would handled at my home country(India). But the application was actually routed to New York office. They asked me for medicals on 3rd March 2016 and I submitted on 18th March 2016. I can see online status as "Medicals passed". But no progress since then.

I keep calling CIC but they say since it is handled outside canada they cannot do anything about it and I should contact New York office. Only way to contact New York CIC office is via email or using a case specific web form for enquiry. I did both and they are not replying on either.

Did anyone else have their application processed at New York office too? If yes please share your timelines.
Anyone else with any idea on what else I can do please help!!!
I have a job offer subject to OWP condition. So I need my OWP asap!

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
nisarg1711 said:
Hi,

My wife got PGWP in last month but we are right now in India. So we are applying for her TRV. And I want to apply for SOWP on based of her PGWP.

For my SOWP application how much money I should show in my bannk account? Can I show my parent's money? Do I need to give medical test again?

For applying SOWP I guess my wife has to go there and work under NOC O A OR B category for a month and then I can put my file from India as per the rule. But if I want to accompany her to Canada then Can I apply for my TRV and accompany her? And then can I apply for SOWP from within Canada?

Please guide.

Thanks
Hi Nisarg1711,
I was exactly in the same situation as yours. I applied for my work permit and came to India to get married and then my work permit arrived.

So you have two options 1 is you can try applying for SOWP based on her PGWP but remember shes applying for TRV and you are applying for SOWP, that means her TRV will be approved in 1 week and yours can take up-to 2 months.( and yes as per the rule she has to show her job in NOC 0 A or B category.)

2nd option is just apply for your TRV as well. and once you arrive in Canada you can do Inland application at-least you will stay with your wife.

If you have stayed in India longer than 6 months you have to give your medicals, same for your wife.

And i'm not sure if the money in your mother's account will be of any help. you can transfer money in your account and state that my mom is supporting my financial needs and sign the paper from ur mom too.

But what I did was I applied for MY TRV only which i got in 1 week and then arrived in Canada and then applied for my SOWP with my offer letter.

Applied for my SOWP on 15th feb 2016 paper based application
VFS banglore and no reply yet.. sent CSE no reply yet.

Hope that helps..

Cansh

Jan 7, 2015
Re: URGENT Help needed!!!

Cansh said:
Hi. I applied SOWP from within canada(while on TRV) on 1st Dec 2015. Its has been 140+ days and I am still waiting!!!!!!!!

I made an online application and since it is my initial permit I expected it would handled at my home country(India). But the application was actually routed to New York office. They asked me for medicals on 3rd March 2016 and I submitted on 18th March 2016. I can see online status as "Medicals passed". But no progress since then.

I keep calling CIC but they say since it is handled outside canada they cannot do anything about it and I should contact New York office. Only way to contact New York CIC office is via email or using a case specific web form for enquiry. I did both and they are not replying on either.

Did anyone else have their application processed at New York office too? If yes please share your timelines.
Anyone else with any idea on what else I can do please help!!!
I have a job offer subject to OWP condition. So I need my OWP asap!
Hello.. Any ideas?? Please help!!

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
Netz said:
Hi Nisarg1711,
I was exactly in the same situation as yours. I applied for my work permit and came to India to get married and then my work permit arrived.

So you have two options 1 is you can try applying for SOWP based on her PGWP but remember shes applying for TRV and you are applying for SOWP, that means her TRV will be approved in 1 week and yours can take up-to 2 months.( and yes as per the rule she has to show her job in NOC 0 A or B category.)

2nd option is just apply for your TRV as well. and once you arrive in Canada you can do Inland application at-least you will stay with your wife.

If you have stayed in India longer than 6 months you have to give your medicals, same for your wife.

And i'm not sure if the money in your mother's account will be of any help. you can transfer money in your account and state that my mom is supporting my financial needs and sign the paper from ur mom too.

But what I did was I applied for MY TRV only which i got in 1 week and then arrived in Canada and then applied for my SOWP with my offer letter.

Hope that helps..
Hi Netz,

Thanks for your answer. It was really helpful. You applied for your SOWP from Canada right? In that case how did you apply to VFS banglore?

Also the fixed deposits which is in my mother's name, basically it's my money only, it was just to avoid income tax, I put it on her name. So I guess I just need to transfer it back to my account.

One more question, Should I apply for my TRV application together with my wife's TRV application? Are there any chances of our application get rejected in case if we both apply together?

Also for home ties what sort of documents we both need to show?

Thanks
Nisarg

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Netz said:
Hi Nisarg1711,

Hope that helps..
As I know we can apply SOWP at POE, is it right? ( your wife had study permit or PGWP) and you already had TRV because apply SOWP inside Canada take a lot of time.

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
Sonata95 said:
As I know we can apply SOWP at POE, is it right? ( your wife had study permit or PGWP) and you already had TRV because apply SOWP inside Canada take a lot of time.
Hi Sonata,

I did not get your question.

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi all,

The hospital has submitted my medicals on April 20th, 2016 . . My attorney informed me that she hasn't received any emails from CIC confirming the receipt of reports from the hospital . . I am now worried about my petition.. How long does it take for them to notify and how long does it take for them to say about what happened to medicals? Please help . .

Thank you for your help

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
ssuresh1985 said:
Hi all,

The hospital has submitted my medicals on April 20th, 2016 . . My attorney informed me that she hasn't received any emails from CIC confirming the receipt of reports from the hospital . . I am now worried about my petition.. How long does it take for them to notify and how long does it take for them to say about what happened to medicals? Please help . .

Thank you for your help
Hi SSuresh
You don't have to worry at all. It can take upto 2-4 weeks to get an update. Hopefully you will receive a positive output sometime coming week. Don't lose hope :)