+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Someone Please Help!

catherinelulu

Jun 18, 2015
I hired an immigration consultant from Toronto to prepare my spouse sponsorship application. It has been 5 months after I paid the first half of the fees. I understand my files was completed by his assistant at the beginning of Feb. for his review. From then, he started to ignore my phone calls, messages and emails. I'm really hoping that he could review it asap and have everything submitted earlier.

During the whole time, I only received two messages from him. First one was on Feb. 26th, said that my application was in and he was going to send the tracking number to me on that day. However, it came nothing. After so many calls (without answering), he finally got back to me with another message on March 18th, said my files did get submitted but he had no way to track it down.

I'm now questioning if he did what he said.. Does anyone know if I can contact the immigration department to find out if my applications had been received yet? Otherwise, I'm looking to do it myself or have someone else to help me.. Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the package was only submitted on March 18th then CIC won't have generated a Client ID for the application yet. If you're asking about a courier tracking number, then your consultant should certainly be able to provide that tracking number if it was sent with tracking.

You can contact CIC by phone during business hours using the information on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Not to worry you but some lawyers don't put as much effort as they come off initially.. They are basically in it for the money. Kind of a similar situation happened to me but I realized after say 6 months that nothing was shifting. He did ignore my emails then I decided to confront him... He gave an excuse his been out of the country for months like he couldn't communicate that to his clients before disappearing ( I know it was a lie)... Anyways I then asked for a refund coz I had opted for the option of getting my money back, he then said he would only give me back half of it.. I lost 2600 to him but I promised myself to never involve myself with immigration lawyers, pretty useless ..

Anyways here is some piece of advise,I would ask for evidence of the stuff sent from him or safe side put in your own application ASAP because it's your life and he has nothing to lose really. Sorry that you have to go through this.

Good luck

catherinelulu said:
I hired an immigration consultant from Toronto to prepare my spouse sponsorship application. It has been 5 months after I paid the first half of the fees. I understand my files was completed by his assistant at the beginning of Feb. for his review. From then, he started to ignore my phone calls, messages and emails. I'm really hoping that he could review it asap and have everything submitted earlier.

During the whole time, I only received two messages from him. First one was on Feb. 26th, said that my application was in and he was going to send the tracking number to me on that day. However, it came nothing. After so many calls (without answering), he finally got back to me with another message on March 18th, said my files did get submitted but he had no way to track it down.

I'm now questioning if he did what he said.. Does anyone know if I can contact the immigration department to find out if my applications had been received yet? Otherwise, I'm looking to do it myself or have someone else to help me.. Thank you so much!

catherinelulu

Jun 18, 2015
The first time he told me that my application was in was on Feb. 26, 2016... Is it possible that CIC already got a file number by now? Thanks you!

scylla said:
If the package was only submitted on March 18th then CIC won't have generated a Client ID for the application yet. If you're asking about a courier tracking number, then your consultant should certainly be able to provide that tracking number if it was sent with tracking.

You can contact CIC by phone during business hours using the information on this page:

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
catherinelulu said:
The first time he told me that my application was in was on Feb. 26, 2016... Is it possible that CIC already got a file number by now? Thanks you!
not necessarily. you will want to check with the feb applicant thread to see who's been receiving AOR. generally, it's about 60 days until AOR is received (maybe a little less right now). at THAT point then a file number will have been started. The sponsor's uci and the file number will be confirmed in the sponsor approval letter.

at this point, the only thing to do is wait until your receive AOR. If you notice that other feb applicants have received aor, then you need to ask your consultant to forward you the aor they received. it would have come by email. this is why it's usually not the best policy to have someone receiving information on your behalf. you now have to rely on their efficient-ness for the remainder of the process. if you don't want them receiving communication, then after sponsor approval, i'd recommend sending an updated "representative" form and making sure you or your spouse are the only point of contact for your application. all the consultant is going to do is be the middleman for you.