+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some questiones about work permit after CSQ with VJO

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023

Hi Good Day!

Anyone knows the policy about the work permit rule if you got the CSQ with a VJO?

It means, if I successfully got a CSQ with a VJO support,and I am not reside in Canada.
According RSWP policy(Apply for an open work permit before obtaining your permanent residence) , I can landing Quebec with a work permit before obtained my PR.

1. My question is what type of work permit I can apply? CLOSE work permit or OPEN work permit?
As I got the CSQ with VJO, I think it should be only CLOSE work permit with my current employer, am I right?

2. In addition, How long this work permit support , 1 year ,2 years or 3 years?

3. One more question, What if I quit from my current job(VJO relevant employment) before I get the PR ?In this situation, If I can apply a OPEN work permit instead then I can stay and work in Quebec, even I can move to another city outside of Quebec?

Appreciate anyone can advice me for this questions!Thanks!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

Hi Good Day!

Anyone knows the policy about the work permit rule if you got the CSQ with a VJO?

It means, if I successfully got a CSQ with a VJO support,and I am not reside in Canada.
According RSWP policy(Apply for an open work permit before obtaining your permanent residence) , I can landing Quebec with a work permit before obtained my PR.

1. My question is what type of work permit I can apply? CLOSE work permit or OPEN work permit?
As I got the CSQ with VJO, I think it should be only CLOSE work permit with my current employer, am I right?

2. In addition, How long this work permit support , 1 year ,2 years or 3 years?

3. One more question, What if I quit from my current job(VJO relevant employment) before I get the PR ?In this situation, If I can apply a OPEN work permit instead then I can stay and work in Quebec, even I can move to another city outside of Quebec?

Appreciate anyone can advice me for this questions!Thanks!
1. If you read the information at above link carefully, it clearly says "If you have a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec Selection Certificate) and reside abroad, you could be eligible for the International Mobility Program Plus (IMP+), under which you could obtain an open work permit allowing you to come to Québec more quickly and integrate into the labour market"

Before you apply for this open work permit, you will need to get the invitation letter from minister (Please read link again)

2. You can get the relavent details at link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/international-mobility-program-plus-csq.html
Open work permit under IMP+ can be issued for 3 years

I hope it answered both of your questions

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
1. If you read the information at above link carefully, it clearly says "If you have a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec Selection Certificate) and reside abroad, you could be eligible for the International Mobility Program Plus (IMP+), under which you could obtain an open work permit allowing you to come to Québec more quickly and integrate into the labour market"

Before you apply for this open work permit, you will need to get the invitation letter from minister (Please read link again)

2. You can get the relavent details at link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/quebec-skilled-workers/international-mobility-program-plus-csq.html
Open work permit under IMP+ can be issued for 3 years

I hope it answered both of your questions

Thank you for your response!

But there still some question puzzles me is the condition who can get the invitation letter describe not very clear.
Yes, if you get the invitation letter from minister , then you can obtain a 3 years open work permit.
But, Which one can get the invitation letter? Does anyone with a CSQ can be invited?

For my understanding, if you got a VJO and CSQ approved, the employer need you landing and go to work asap, you should get the work permit as a matter of course, am I right?

I did not find a detailed explanation of this condition.

Appreciate you can helping me further clarify that, Thanks!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thank you for your response!

But there still some question puzzles me is the condition who can get the invitation letter describe not very clear.
Yes, if you get the invitation letter from minister , then you can obtain a 3 years open work permit.
But, Which one can get the invitation letter? Does anyone with a CSQ can be invited?

For my understanding, if you got a VJO and CSQ approved, the employer need you landing and go to work asap, you should get the work permit as a matter of course, am I right?

I did not find a detailed explanation of this condition.

Appreciate you can helping me further clarify that, Thanks!
Who can apply for this open work permit?

Which one can get the invitation letter? Does anyone with a CSQ can be invited?

You should contact MIFI to get this letter

With an IMP+ open ork permit, you will be able to start working with your employer, meanwhile you will be processing your application for PR

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Who can apply for this open work permit?

Which one can get the invitation letter? Does anyone with a CSQ can be invited?

You should contact MIFI to get this letter

With an IMP+ open ork permit, you will be able to start working with your employer, meanwhile you will be processing your application for PR
Thanks!

Does it means anyone who have CSQ can ask MIFI to issue a invitation letter?And MIFI will support that without another strings attached, right? Is this a rule or policy can find on government website?

Yes, the employer hope the guy can arrive and work for them ASAP, I think MIFI must support a work permit for that, otherwise the VJO loses its meaning.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thanks!

Does it means anyone who have CSQ can ask MIFI to issue a invitation letter?And MIFI will support that without another strings attached, right? Is this a rule or policy can find on government website?

Yes, the employer hope the guy can arrive and work for them ASAP, I think MIFI must support a work permit for that, otherwise the VJO loses its meaning.
Yes I agree. Its MIFI which validates jobs and issues VJO, so they have to assist in these maters.

You should be to contact them through telephone or an online form available at following.

https://services.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/courriel.php

PRHP28

Jul 18, 2023
Hi to all,

I Have a Question : If I received CSQ throught VJO and I have open work permit , Can I change job after received the CSQ or I need to wait until received PR. Thx