+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softlanding Experience: windsor-Detroit tunnel , by rented CAR, returned back to US using AVR , 2 vaccinated parents and 6yr old unvaccinated

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
Hi,

I have got CoPR and visa till Apr 28th, 2022 and I need to soft land on or before Apr 28th to activate my PR. My currently working in US in H1B visa. I have valid H1B visa stamping my passport but want to use AVR rule for my wife and kid while returning to US. Planning to visit detroit-windsor tunnel for PR activation and return to US in 2-3 days. I see multiple locations in Detroit, can someone suggest which one is better option or no differences based on location and I can go any location near to my place (Chicago)? Please suggest.

Windsor tunnel
(or)
Ambassador bridge
(or)
Blue water bridge

kartik042

Jul 26, 2021
Hi,

I have got CoPR and visa till Apr 28th, 2022 and I need to soft land on or before Apr 28th to activate my PR. My currently working in US in H1B visa. I have valid H1B visa stamping my passport but want to use AVR rule for my wife and kid while returning to US. Planning to visit detroit-windsor tunnel for PR activation and return to US in 2-3 days. I see multiple locations in Detroit, can someone suggest which one is better option or no differences based on location and I can go any location near to my place (Chicago)? Please suggest.

Windsor tunnel
(or)
Ambassador bridge
(or)
Blue water bridge
Hey, were you able to find out which option is better? Did you already do a soft landing?

kp7

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

Windsor tunnel
(or)
Ambassador bridge
(or)
Blue water bridge
can you share your experience and which location did you choose? I am also planning to do soft landing in May

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
A few queries regarding soft landing by air:

1. Destination city in my COPR is Toronto. Can I still fly to another city (such as Calgary / Vancouver) for soft landing?
2. Is it compulsory to carry the GTC / GTF list and apply for SIN during soft landing?
3. Do I need to carry CAD if I travel from the US? Or, the US credit / debit cards work fine in Canada?
4. Do we need COVID antigen test results for flying to Canada or only for the return journey to the US?
5. Please share the document checklist for US-Canada and Canada-US flights (if anyone has traveled recently)