+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing vs settling permanently

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This is fantastic... I’m guessing you are only planning to soft land? With quarantine and everything how long will you be in Canada?
Fantastic maybe but still keep in mind that a soft landing is at own risk given guidance is to not travel to Canada unless planning to settle so you may be the unlucky one who has a CBSA officer following the guidance

Aug 26, 2020
Fantastic maybe but still keep in mind that a soft landing is at own risk given guidance is to not travel to Canada unless planning to settle so you may be the unlucky one who has a CBSA officer following the guidance
You are right there is always a risk, you can never be sure. But I was the last one in line and I didn’t see anyone to be sent back.

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
You are right there is always a risk, you can never be sure. But I was the last one in line and I didn’t see anyone to be sent back.
Congrats. Quick Q.

I called hotels there and they are saying you can’t get out of room at all. They will give one time usage key.
For ur quarantine plan are u staying in hotel or Airbnb type apartments ?

What did u mention to custom and did u declare ur plan on arrivecan app?

also, any specific questions asked at Candi custom on plan for coming and anything to know ?

my concern is hotels are very strict. And won’t allow to move out even for 2 min grocery shopping. What do u recommend in that case. With Airbnb it might be easier

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Congrats. Quick Q.

I called hotels there and they are saying you can’t get out of room at all. They will give one time usage key.

also, any specific questions asked at Candi custom on plan for coming and anything to know ?

my concern is hotels are very strict. And won’t allow to move out even for 2 min grocery shopping. What do u recommend in that case. With Airbnb it might be easier
Hotel is following the rules as You are simply not allowed out from quarantine even for groceries which you need to arrange through online delivery or friends to deliver to door.. The only exception would be for medical reasons to attend a medical appointment taking precautions to minimise infecting others. An Airbnb may be easier to arrange online food deliveries and maybe more space than a hotel room.

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Hotel is following the rules as You are simply not allowed out from quarantine even for groceries which you need to arrange through online delivery or friends to deliver to door.. The only exception would be for medical reasons to attend a medical appointment taking precautions to minimise infecting others. An Airbnb may be easier to arrange online food deliveries and maybe more space than a hotel room.
I understand hotel policy. I don’t blame them. All I am saying is in an Airbnb there won’t be anyone to enforce the rules. So u can ideally step out a bit for quick grocery shoooing and come back. In the hotel u can’t. That is what I wanted to know from the user above

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I understand hotel policy. I don’t blame them. All I am saying is in an Airbnb there won’t be anyone to enforce the rules. So u can ideally step out a bit for quick grocery shoooing and come back. In the hotel u can’t. That is what I wanted to know from the user above
You are not allowed to leave for any reason, even if it's an Airbnb. If caught, you may go to jail for six months and be fined up to $750,000, and if not, you are still being extremely irresponsible and disrespectful to the country you supposedly want to call home.

Aug 26, 2020
Congrats. Quick Q.

Well you are not supposed to go out, even for quick shopping. We are doing food delivery through instacart, they just deliver to your door, its a contactless delivery. We are staying at airbnb but it never crossed our mind to break quarantine rules just because nobody is standing at our door to enforce the rules. We are grown up people we don’t need someone to supervise us, we promised we would follow the quarantine rules and we are just keeping our promise.
On the plane or after you get off the plane you will fill out a paper where you give the address where you will stay, contact details and other personal details.
We were not asked about our quarantine plans, they just asked for the form.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Of course not , you need to look up the definition of the word “ Quarantine “, and exactly how contagious and deadly the virus is to certain demographics
It’s not just about you, it’s about anyone you are in contact with, and they’ll be in contact with

famsp

Nov 3, 2020
Hi everybody,
I hope our experience will help some of you who are facing uncertainty whether to do soft landing or not. We arrived in Toronto on October 1. Our CoPR will expire on November 27. We were not sure if we will be allowed into Canada as the website said come to Canada only if you are permanently settling down. But we took the risk and thanks God there was no problem. Everything at the immigration was easy and smooth. They didn't ask why we are coming, or why we are travelling during pandemic, they just asked for passports and CoPR and asked us to wait, after 10 minutes everything was ready.
Good luck to everyone and hope this helps to clarify your doubts...
Hello,
Thanks for the update, I have a few questions -

where did you travel from
when was your COPR issued
what did they ask at the airport.

I intend to land next week and my COPR was issued in September, just wondering if it's worth taking the risk.
Looking forward to your response
kind regards,
Abi

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
For anyone who is doubtful : did my soft landing last month and came back after 14 days quarantine.

you can soft land

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Hi urgent.
Has anyone got their PR card mailed from Canada to US?
Is it allowed ? While using fedex what exactly did you disclose ? A regular document I am shipping from Canada?

Reactions: Y@$h

Kwsltd

Mar 14, 2017
For anyone who is doubtful : did my soft landing last month and came back after 14 days quarantine.

you can soft land
Hey Rebelagain.
Where did you travel from? Outside Canada and United States?
You landed last month, quarantined for 14 days in Canada and left and was able to come back into Canada with no problem?

Thanks