+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing soon - Questions.

bmansi

Jul 10, 2018
I will be doing my landing formalities next week at Vancouver airport to start my PR. I will be staying in Vancouver for a day and then will fly back. I plan to move to Canada sometime mid-end next year, but have plans to visit Canada multiple times in between.

Below are the questions that I have.

- I am in US presently and will be carrying letters from banks as proof of funds. However, do I need to carry any cash for the minimum amount to enter Canada or to start my PR?

- I was reading cases where people were not given their PR cards since they were not actually moving at that time. In my case, since I will be living for day now and then few days in between until I move all my stuff, do I tell them that I am moving now or will my scenario be considered as moving later?

Thanks!

bmansi

Jul 10, 2018
My landing was smooth. They didn't ask me for any additional docs. Just the COPR and the address to mail the PR card. I have rented UPS mailbox and gave it's address and they didn't ask me for anything. Must have taken about 10-15 mins and I was done. I even told them that I will actually move after a couple of months and they didn't have a problem with it.

I haven't received my PR card yet, but got an email to send my photos again.

Reactions: Chipo21

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
My landing was smooth. They didn't ask me for any additional docs. Just the COPR and the address to mail the PR card. I have rented UPS mailbox and gave it's address and they didn't ask me for anything. Must have taken about 10-15 mins and I was done. I even told them that I will actually move after a couple of months and they didn't have a problem with it.

I haven't received my PR card yet, but got an email to send my photos again.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am doing soft landing next month. I am hoping that I get the cards. Guess it all depends on luck.

Reactions: bmansi

bmansi

Jul 10, 2018
@bmansi have you received your PR card as yet?
Not yet. I haven't resent my photos yet. I have 180 days to send my photos. I am still trying to find a photo studio in US who can click good photos for Canada and is also ready to put their stamp on the back.

Chipo21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
26-08-2018
Not yet. I haven't resent my photos yet. I have 180 days to send my photos. I am still trying to find a photo studio in US who can click good photos for Canada and is also ready to put their stamp on the back.
Goodluck

Reactions: bmansi