+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing - PR card query

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
HI, Can anybody help me on the below query

What do i respond to to the CBSA officers when they ask for how many Days i am in Canada. I will be making a soft landing for 2 weeks. But i read somewhere that if i mention two weeks they don't apply for PR card and ask to apply for it later when i move permanently. But i don't want that, i want to get the PR card ASAP. Further i would also be having a return ticket, would they ask for it?

Dark Vader

Apr 8, 2017
Firstly, I don't think they will ask you how many days you are in Canada for, I certainly don't recall them asking me that question. When doing your landing the assumption is you are moving here. Anyways if they do ask you how long you plan to stay, my suggestion would be to say that you are moving here permanently.
Second, do note they will ask you for an address at the airport itself. Your PR card will be sent to this address. Have an address ready and confidently share it with them. This could be your friend, family, whatever and you may or may not be staying there but it is an address of someone you know. If they ask you whose house it is (again they won't, but if they do), say this place is going to be your residence for the next few months and if you do shift houses you will update CIC with your new address.

Do wait for others to respond and take their opinions as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: FReza

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HI, Can anybody help me on the below query

What do i respond to to the CBSA officers when they ask for how many Days i am in Canada. I will be making a soft landing for 2 weeks. But i read somewhere that if i mention two weeks they don't apply for PR card and ask to apply for it later when i move permanently. But i don't want that, i want to get the PR card ASAP. Further i would also be having a return ticket, would they ask for it?
Normally they wouldn't ask you how many days you will be staying in Canada...unless you voluntarily share additional details yourself, just answer the questions as they are and you'll be ok.

Steffy92

Jul 30, 2017
Hi,
I have an inquiry regarding changing my address for receiving my initial PR card. I had landed on December 9th, 2017 in Ontario at YYZ airport. I had provided my family friend's address at the airport in order to receive my initial PR card. But after few weeks, I got a new address and wanted to update that address with IRCC or CIC. I tried many times updating my new address in CIC website but wasn't. In this case, is it alright if I directly go to ServiceCanada Center near me and update my new address? Need an accurate answer for this as I'm struggling to get a proper answer so that initial PR card processing won't get delayed. Kindly help.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hi,
I have an inquiry regarding changing my address for receiving my initial PR card. I had landed on December 9th, 2017 in Ontario at YYZ airport. I had provided my family friend's address at the airport in order to receive my initial PR card. But after few weeks, I got a new address and wanted to update that address with IRCC or CIC. I tried many times updating my new address in CIC website but wasn't. In this case, is it alright if I directly go to ServiceCanada Center near me and update my new address? Need an accurate answer for this as I'm struggling to get a proper answer so that initial PR card processing won't get delayed. Kindly help.
Call on any of the following numbers
- toll free Canada number 18882422100
- USA number 1 6139444000

Steffy92

Jul 30, 2017
Hi,
I tried calling IRCC/CIC tollfree Canada number but not able to reach the agent or the customer service representative. In that case, what should i do?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I have heard many cases where people were asked "are you moving permanently" and "how many days you are in Canada". I was asked same questions during my landing.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi,
with this you can update any information
i did
be sure to include all your family too
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hi,
I tried calling IRCC/CIC tollfree Canada number but not able to reach the agent or the customer service representative. In that case, what should i do?
Try again, sometimes because of good number of users calling one is not redirected to the customer care agent.
Alternatively, try updating your address via the link below (by another user) , raise a CSE. My case I was not able to find my details and hence could not update the address, raised twice CSE but the address was never updated.
See if you can write a mail to CIC if any of the above does not work.
And all the while keep on trying the numbers.