Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello, Quick question for those who are doing soft landing.
Once the soft landing is done and you don't have PR card issued, then how much time do you have to move back to Canada permanently?

Thanks!
PR card doesnt determine/track the PR status(and residency obligation). PR card is used just for travel on commercial vehicles, nothing more.
Your residency obligation of 2 years out of rolling 5 years starts from the day of landing whether you have your PR card or not.
Without PR card, you can just travel via road using private/rental vehicle using COPR along with your passport.

In short, you have 3 years to move back from landing date.

junkie999

Aug 19, 2019
Looks like soft landing at the border is no longer accepted? Can someone please confirm?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
If you got your COPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a COPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.
You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your COPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.
Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a COPR for this new process if you are in Canada.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
Officially only CoPR approved prior to Mar 2020 were allowed to land before today. Even though many seem to have soft landed with CoPR after Mar 2020 based on the experience they have shared here. From today onwards all CoPR are being allowed to land. They have updated this on Cic Website. Now it says
"We’re changing Canada’s travel restrictions. If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

The intent of permanent residence is still required it seems. That hasn't changed. But after July 5th one doesn't need to show 14 day quarantine plan.
The " intent of permanent residence" is the confusing part. CIC website says that "You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days.

Some folks here have shared that they were able to come back immediately and take a u-turn after the CoPR approval formalities at the border. Has anyone tried (or does anyone know) if they are allowing this recently? If I intend to do the soft landing and return back immediately, will they not allow so?

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
The " intent of permanent residence" is the confusing part. CIC website says that "You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days.

Some folks here have shared that they were able to come back immediately and take a u-turn after the CoPR approval formalities at the border. Has anyone tried (or does anyone know) if they are allowing this recently? If I intend to do the soft landing and return back immediately, will they not allow so?
You can skip the quarantine post July 5, if you have taken all the vaccine doses and have negative Covid test.

Reactions: pjain64

h1btocanadapr

May 3, 2021
Hi, our Copr expires on July 10th. We are planning to do soft landing in our car and take the ambassador bridge in Detroit. Any recent experiences in this place?

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
He entered the date and address on the form and told me to use it whenever I am permanently moving in.
Hi, our Copr expires on July 10th. We are planning to do soft landing in our car and take the ambassador bridge in Detroit. Any recent experiences in this place?
We are planning to do a landing on July 6th. I am still not sure weather to use ambassador bridge or Windor tunnel. Did you do any research to decide on 'Ambassador bridge'.

h1btocanadapr

May 3, 2021
We are planning to do a landing on July 6th. I am still not sure weather to use ambassador bridge or Windor tunnel. Did you do any research to decide on 'Ambassador bridge'.
Hi, I didn't know about windsor tunnel.. Will that lead London, Canada? Any suggestions for us..

We are planning to go over the July 4th weekend most likely on the Saturday evening? Will that be a problem?

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
Both tunnel and the bridge go to Windsor. This is what I know from google maps, I have never been to the area. May be someone more knowledgable of the area can confirm.

We planned to do the landing on 3rd as well initially but after the new notification of Canadian government now planning to land on 6th so that we can avoid talk of quarantine and we wanted to spend a some time in Windsor. But you plan to take a U Turn it shouldn't matter IMHO.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, I didn't know about windsor tunnel.. Will that lead London, Canada? Any suggestions for us..

We are planning to go over the July 4th weekend most likely on the Saturday evening? Will that be a problem?
Both tunnel and the bridge go to Windsor. This is what I know from google maps, I have never been to the area. May be someone more knowledgable of the area can confirm.

We planned to do the landing on 3rd as well initially but after the new notification of Canadian government now planning to land on 6th so that we can avoid talk of quarantine and we wanted to spend a some time in Windsor. But you plan to take a U Turn it shouldn't matter IMHO.
Of course both go to same city of windsor as the bridge and tunnel are just 2 miles apart.
If someone hasnt driven in the tunnels yet then they can try using the bridge as its an international trip. if not there is not much difference except that sometimes traffic will be big at bridge than in tunnel.

As far as i know, both ports are open 24/7 hence any day is fine. you can confirm from cbsa before you travel.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/961-eng.html
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/907-eng.html

Reactions: MST555

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
Of course both go to same city of windsor as the bridge and tunnel are just 2 miles apart.
If someone hasnt driven in the tunnels yet then they can try using the bridge as its an international trip. if not there is not much difference except that sometimes traffic will be big at bridge than in tunnel.

As far as i know, both ports are open 24/7 hence any day is fine. you can confirm from cbsa before you travel.
Thank you for the reply.

h1btocanadapr

May 3, 2021

Thank you for your response. We plan on doing a U-turn after completing the formalities.

Reactions: MST555

h1btocanadapr

May 3, 2021

Thank you for your response. Should I be filling my GTF form prior to this soft landing?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

junkie999

Aug 19, 2019
Anyone recently completed their softlanding after June 21 at the border? Would be helpful if you can share your experience.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
Hi folks - Has anyone (or someone you know) tried soft landing via land from Seattle recently? I am planning to go via car from Seattle in 10 days and trying to find out which border crossing to go through (if there are any restrictions on some of the crossings or not). Any advice would be very very helpful.

Also, if anyone has tried soft landing recently and has any experience regarding the quarantine requirement or showing the "intent of permanent residence", then please share (which is may change post July 5th). Thanks a lot!