+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing in March 2022

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Hi my COPR expires in May 2022 and I am planning to fly into Toronto (from TX) and return back the same day to TX by air after completing my PR paperwork at the airport. I can provide a local Toronto address for my PR card delivery but I dont plan to leave the airport during this visit.
Has anyone done a similar soft landing from USA recently and returned back same day after soft landing? How long did the paperwork take at the airport. Anything I should know or plan for if I proceed with this? Thanks for your help.

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
I am planning something similar but have heard that PR card timelines are longer than they used to be. A friend mentioned that earlier (pre covid) you could get the card after 6-8 weeks. On the forum I have heard people mentioning it can be as long as 4 months now.

DeeJayVee

Oct 3, 2019
Hi my COPR expires in May 2022 and I am planning to fly into Toronto (from TX) and return back the same day to TX by air after completing my PR paperwork at the airport. I can provide a local Toronto address for my PR card delivery but I dont plan to leave the airport during this visit.
Has anyone done a similar soft landing from USA recently and returned back same day after soft landing? How long did the paperwork take at the airport. Anything I should know or plan for if I proceed with this? Thanks for your help.
Hi, did you end up doing the soft landing. My COPR expires May 2022 as well and I am still awaiting passport from IRCC. Since this is such short notice, I am planning to do a soft landing in May and come back to the U.S. Please share your experience.

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Let me share my experience.
I did a soft landing (to be honest I did not know that I am doing a soft landing. I came to know about it after reading in this forum) at the Detroit-Windsor border. I submit my passport and the two CoPR letter. I thought the immigration officer will ask about the address in Canada to send the PR card?
He just signed the papers and then give them back to me and said when you permanently move into Canada then you have to give us the goods you are carrying with you and we will take an address from you to send your PR card.
I return to the USA from that Candadian customs border office.

Ridham28

Feb 28, 2022
Hey
Let me share my experience.
I did a soft landing (to be honest I did not know that I am doing a soft landing. I came to know about it after reading in this forum) at the Detroit-Windsor border. I submit my passport and the two CoPR letter. I thought the immigration officer will ask about the address in Canada to send the PR card?
He just signed the papers and then give them back to me and said when you permanently move into Canada then you have to give us the goods you are carrying with you and we will take an address from you to send your PR card.
I return to the USA from that Canadian customs border office.
Hi, I'm planning to do the same, my COPR expires in July but my F1 expires in June. So I'm planning to soft-land in Toronto in May and come back to US. since I received a provincial nomination from Ontario before I got my COPR so I think I have to land in Toronto and have to give Ontarios address for PR card.

How are you planning to enter Canada again, since you were not able to apply for a PR card during your visit and COPR is only valid for one entry?

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey

Hi, I'm planning to do the same, my COPR expires in July but my F1 expires in June. So I'm planning to soft-land in Toronto in May and come back to US. since I received a provincial nomination from Ontario before I got my COPR so I think I have to land in Toronto and have to give Ontarios address for PR card.

How are you planning to enter Canada again, since you were not able to apply for a PR card during your visit and COPR is only valid for one entry?

Hi,
The CBSA officer said I enter Canada again on the landing paper that they signed. With soft landing you cannot get a PR card, they said they will take my address in Canada for a PR card once I tell them I am coming permanently and I have no plans to go back again.
Hey, I would love to be in contact with you as we both are in the same situation so it is better that we connect with each other. My number is 913-325-7638, feel free to connect with me.