+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing in Canada recently (air/ land)

Leo5555

Sep 19, 2021
Has anyone recently done soft landing via land or Air. Preferably from Seattle - Vancouver or any other city. Can you please share your experience. I need to travel this week unsure if I should fly or drive. Any information will be helpful.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone recently done soft landing via land or Air. Preferably from Seattle - Vancouver or any other city. Can you please share your experience. I need to travel this week unsure if I should fly or drive. Any information will be helpful.
Thank you.
Drive and ask to turn around and reenter the US at the border.

Leo5555

Sep 19, 2021
Also they want a 14day quarantine plan…I am planning to visit for only 3-4 days. Which address do I provide? I do not have anyone in Vancouver. Hotel reservation is only for 3days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC mentions that we should not visit Canada for soft landing. Will that be a problem?
Although you are no supposed to do a soft landing they have been permitted at most land borders. You just ask to go back to the US as soon as you land. It would be much lower risk for Canada for you to not enter Canada for a few days and just return to the US right away. You will still need proof of a negative PCR test. Do you want to enter Canada for multiple days or not. Are you vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer, J&J or AZ?

Leo5555

Sep 19, 2021
Although you are no supposed to do a soft landing they have been permitted at most land borders. You just ask to go back to the US as soon as you land. It would be much lower risk for Canada for you to not enter Canada for a few days and just return to the US right away. You will still need proof of a negative PCR test. Do you want to enter Canada for multiple days or not. Are you vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer, J&J or AZ?
Vaccinated with Pfizer… I agree they are not allowing soft landing. Which is why I am not sure if I should take the risk of driving with my car as no rentals are available. Or fly and provide a 14day address when I don’t even plan to stay there that long.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Vaccinated with Pfizer… I agree they are not allowing soft landing. Which is why I am not sure if I should take the risk of driving with my car as no rentals are available. Or fly and provide a 14day address when I don’t even plan to stay there that long.
There are lots of examples on the forum where people have been able to do a soft landing by land from the US and go back to the US right away.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/h-1b-holders-in-the-u-s.59/

Reactions: Leo5555