+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing for Canada PR at Detroit Windsor Tunnel or Toronto Airport?

asdy

Aug 24, 2022
Hi all,
I have been reading mixed reviews that the officers at the borders now are not allowing us to give a Canadian address (friend's) for PR card if we are not moving permanently. Is that so?

We are planning to do a soft landing at Detroit Windsor Tunnel or Toronto Airport in the next month and return to US the same day.

Also, can we land in Toronto when the COPR POE says Vancouver?

Greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks a lot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I have been reading mixed reviews that the officers at the borders now are not allowing us to give a Canadian address (friend's) for PR card if we are not moving permanently. Is that so?

We are planning to do a soft landing at Detroit Windsor Tunnel or Toronto Airport in the next month and return to US the same day.

Also, can we land in Toronto when the COPR POE says Vancouver?

Greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks a lot.
There are no guarantees whatever you do so do whatever is the most convenient and affordable.

Reactions: paneka penalty

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I landed at the Detroit-Windsor tunnel and the officer declined to initiate my PR card, despite assurances that the address is mine. It was a smooth process though.

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
What are you planning to do now
Sent a few webforms and updated them of my address. ~50 days later started getting confirmations that my residential address was updated.
Called them on Friday and was told that some checks had been initiated and that I should call them in mid-September if the card does not arrive.

One interesting thing that I was told is that if we link the initial card in gckey, we will not see an AOR. Only renewals get it.
I was only able to find my initial pr card application in gckey after three days.

Reactions: paneka penalty