Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
Last Tuesday my wife and I traveled to Vancouver to complete her landing as a permanent resident. Our flight from Los Angeles landed around 10:30 AM. We were doing a soft landing and returning to Los Angeles in the evening.

I had already completed the customs declaration using the CanBorder eDeclaration app before boarding the flight. My wife's reason for travel was selected as Immigration. I also checked the option for unaccompanied goods. When we got to the kiosk in the immigration hall I scanned the QR code on the app and place our passports on the scanner. This brought up all the information I had previously entered in the app except for the question whether we are bringing Canabis into the country. After retrieving the print out from the kiosk we proceeded to meet the immigration officer.

We handed our passports, the print out from the kiosk and my wife's COPR document to the officer. She then asked if we had unaccompanied goods. We gave her two copies of the Goods to Follow list which had our vehicle, household goods, personal items and jewelry. She looked over the documents, handed it back to us and directed us to the New Immigrant room.

My wife showed her COPR document to a lady who asked for the address to mail the PR card and handed several pamphlets and spoke to us briefly about federal services available to help new immigrants get settled. We got in line to meet the immigration officer. It was about 11:00AM and there were about 10-15 people ahead of us.

Around 11:30 we were called by the officer. He took our passports, the COPR document and Goods to Follow list. We then sat back down again to be called. After a few minutes the officer called my wife up (I was asked to stay back) and he asked her several questions; What is your marital status? How long have you been married? Have you been refused entry to Canada prior? Have you been arrested? Have you committed a felony offense? He then dated and stamped the COPR and had my wife sign it and gave her back the copy without the photograph.

One thing we missed out on was not having photos of my wife's jewelry or appraisals. As a result we had to strike it off the list. It was not of a great value so no big deal. Heads up if you are bringing expensive jewelry across. The rest of the list was perfect since we had provided serial numbers for all electronics.

The entire process took about an hour. We were all done around noon. By this time there was a deluge of new immigrants waiting in line to be processed. We were glad to have got in early.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Reactions: mbattle95

jeffofmn

Sep 18, 2019
I would like to chime in and add my YVR landing experience as well.

I flew in to Vancouver from Seattle on Dec 16th, because it was a short flight and cheap. And I liked the idea of officially landing at the airport.
Took the morning Delta flight out of Seattle and landed in Vancouver at 8:45 AM.

The immigration line was empty, I went straight to a machine that scans the passport, punched in several answers for the custom declaration and received a printed receipt. Then walked to immigration desk and got my passport stamped and told to pick up my luggage then head to the immigration office on the right side. You have to leave your check in luggage outside of the office and only allowed to bring in carry on.

Apparently there was a flight that landed from New Delhi at 6:30 AM which the passengers were clearing up their luggage so there were about fifty people I saw entered the immigation area right before me.

In the office, there was a desk to stop first for new PR, some guy entered some information and gave me the new immigrant brochures then told me to join the line of the fifty people. It appeared that most of the passengers from Delhi who just arrived were new international students.
There were eight officers working but out of the blue five of them disappeared into a meeting room, leaving only three officers to work. The line took about an hour to move (all wait with sitting as there were lines of chairs)

On my turn, I went up to the desk, stating my purpose of PR landing. Gave the officer my passport and COPR.
The officer then asked the standard questions: marital status, any arrest, any refusal of entry into any country. Then I was told to sit down for a few minutes while the officer entered my information into the computer.

Once he resumed, I was told to write down my mailing address for the PR card on the officer's copy of COPR paper. I signed both copies. The officer signed and stamped both copies. I was told that PR card can take up to 2 months to arrive.

I had no Goods to Follow and brought a custom declaration just listing the stuff I was bringing (laptop, Iphone, clothing) but they told me it was not needed.
No proof of funds were asked. Went out to grab my luggage and then walked over the exit. There was an officer at the exit who took the receipt from the machine earlier.

I was out of there at 10:15 AM. I took the Skytrain downtown, checked in at the hotel and took the bus to the SIN Office Downtown to get my SIN number (5-10 min process).

On the same day I was able to link my PR card application to my CIC online account using my UCI.

Overall process was smooth and sterile. Now waiting for PR card, last I checked on CIC website it takes 16 days processing time (cross fingers).

Hope this helps someone out there.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Last Tuesday my wife and I traveled to Vancouver to complete her landing as a permanent resident. Our flight from Los Angeles landed around 10:30 AM. We were doing a soft landing and returning to Los Angeles in the evening.

I had already completed the customs declaration using the CanBorder eDeclaration app before boarding the flight. My wife's reason for travel was selected as Immigration. I also checked the option for unaccompanied goods. When we got to the kiosk in the immigration hall I scanned the QR code on the app and place our passports on the scanner. This brought up all the information I had previously entered in the app except for the question whether we are bringing Canabis into the country. After retrieving the print out from the kiosk we proceeded to meet the immigration officer.

We handed our passports, the print out from the kiosk and my wife's COPR document to the officer. She then asked if we had unaccompanied goods. We gave her two copies of the Goods to Follow list which had our vehicle, household goods, personal items and jewelry. She looked over the documents, handed it back to us and directed us to the New Immigrant room.

My wife showed her COPR document to a lady who asked for the address to mail the PR card and handed several pamphlets and spoke to us briefly about federal services available to help new immigrants get settled. We got in line to meet the immigration officer. It was about 11:00AM and there were about 10-15 people ahead of us.

Around 11:30 we were called by the officer. He took our passports, the COPR document and Goods to Follow list. We then sat back down again to be called. After a few minutes the officer called my wife up (I was asked to stay back) and he asked her several questions; What is your marital status? How long have you been married? Have you been refused entry to Canada prior? Have you been arrested? Have you committed a felony offense? He then dated and stamped the COPR and had my wife sign it and gave her back the copy without the photograph.

One thing we missed out on was not having photos of my wife's jewelry or appraisals. As a result we had to strike it off the list. It was not of a great value so no big deal. Heads up if you are bringing expensive jewelry across. The rest of the list was perfect since we had provided serial numbers for all electronics.

The entire process took about an hour. We were all done around noon. By this time there was a deluge of new immigrants waiting in line to be processed. We were glad to have got in early.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Hi,

Want to know what was the cost that w have to put for the vehicle in Goods to follow list ? Did you get it valuated before you entered the value ?

Thanks
Pavan

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
No. I used the Kelly Blue Book dealer trade in value.