+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing during COVID-19 situation

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
Apparently you are not allowed to stay at a hotel. (And while not explicitly mentioned, I suppose they also mean airbnbs):

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Avoid contact with others
while in transit:
  • Remain in the vehicle as much as possible;
  • Avoid staying at a hotel;

How are new residents supposed to land if they don't already have their own houses waiting for them? Who signs a lease without seeing the place in person and meeting their landlords/brokers?

I'm going to cite this policy while raising the webform for an extension request. Considering the current trend in US I would be surprised if Canada lifts the restrictions.

adicha

Jan 20, 2020
Apparently you are not allowed to stay at a hotel. (And while not explicitly mentioned, I suppose they also mean airbnbs):

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

How are new residents supposed to land if they don't already have their own houses waiting for them? Who signs a lease without seeing the place in person and meeting their landlords/brokers?

I'm going to cite this policy while raising the webform for an extension request. Considering the current trend in US I would be surprised if Canada lifts the restrictions.
It does say 'Avoid' so hotels are probably not the first preference but still an option? I don't know why that would include Airbnb though.

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to soft land on July 30th and we have planned to quarantine ourselves as well for 14days which includes our plan on how to manage to get groceries.
We plan to leave back to Bahrain after the 14 days quarantine period on Aug 15th, as per the new guidelines updated as on 10th July could anyone please let us know if someone has travelled in the recent days to soft land and if you faced any challenges or simply if you were allowed to soft land?

Also we received our CoPR before March 18, 2020 and it is valid till 20th Sept.

Would really appreciate if someone could help us out here.

Last edited:

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018

Airbnb works for this.

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020

You can book airbnb. Me and my husband were able to book it for our stay from July 30th to Aug 15th and our stay is confirmed.

Aug 6, 2020
Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to soft land on July 30th and we have planned to quarantine ourselves as well for 14days which includes our plan on how to manage to get groceries.
We plan to leave back to Bahrain after the 14 days quarantine period on Aug 15th, as per the new guidelines updated as on 10th July could anyone please let us know if someone has travelled in the recent days to soft land and if you faced any challenges or simply if you were allowed to soft land?

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. Can you please confirm if you already in Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

This web page may have been updated as no specific mention of hotels that I can see now.

Also I would have read the hotel reference as saying avoid staying in a hotel whilst in transit from POE to destination for quarantine. This would defeat the objective of the quarantine given an individual could for example stay overnight in a hotel leave next day for their quarantine destination having potentially come into contact with others in the hotel before leaving.

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

If you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days I don't think you need to worry. They only asked us where we were quarantining that's it. They did not ask us what was our plan after quarantine. Again this depends on case to case. Just keep your answers ready for all scenarios possible would be my suggestion :)

Reactions: Reach-Canada

manjari86

Aug 11, 2020
Hi,

Hi Priyankaheber,
Please let me know if you were able to travel to Canada for your soft landing. We are in same boat and have our COPR expiring in Oct 2020. Planning to do soft landing in Aug end but getting all mixed information. Please share your exp. Also did you received your Card while you were there (with in 14 days) and how did you manage to get SIN and other formalities done with 14 days quarantine.

Thank you so much.

Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

If you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days I don't think you need to worry. They only asked us where we were quarantining that's it. They did not ask us what was our plan after quarantine. Again this depends on case to case. Just keep your answers ready for all scenarios possible would be my suggestion :)
Hi Priyanka,

Did you do your soft landing and left Canada?