+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing completed via Detroit tunnel but PR card is not initiated

sri7

Jul 20, 2019
I went through Detroit tunnel on Dec 3rd 2021 at 4:00pm for soft landing (COPR Validity: March 5th 2022 )and they verified passport, COPR confirmation and COVID -ve results (72 hours) and gave me yellow slip and asked me to go to immigration office.

When i parked the car at immigration center, the immigration officer along with two other officers are already standing there and as soon as i park, they asked me to lower the windows and shut off the engine.

immigration officer: Can i see your passport, COPR doc and can you give me the yellow slip
me: provided all. (I also have a printed copy of my friend's address for sending PR card), gave that as well
officer: do you have GTF and GTC
me: gave him both
officer: (he just glanced for 10-15 sec) So when are you moving permanently
me: currently I'm in a job search and haven't got offer letter yet, so will be moving in couple of months (feb or march 2022)
officer: ok lets do the B4 when you permanently move, and gave me the passport, COPR and address copy back
me: So when will my PR card be initiated
officer: Will do while doing B4 when you come back in Feb or March
officer: You're all set, good to go. You're landing is completed, Welcome to Canada
me: thank you sir
officer: walked inside the building quickly.
me: I asked the other two officers that are standing there about PR card and they told me to wait for immigration officer as they do not know that info
me: i waited in car for 20 mins ish for him and immigration officer then came back out and he looked at me and walked straight to my car

<After 20 mins>

officer: Why are you still here, you're all set.
me: I have a question regarding PR card
officer: ok what's that
me: Usually PR card will be initiated now and sending it to the address i'm staying here and i will be collecting it when i come back to Canada next time, isn't it the case ?
officer: Yeah but due to COVID we aren't initiating PR cards currently and you will get when you come back (This isn't true, guess he's lazy on Friday evening to go back inside the office and login to the system and type my information there)
me: So how should i enter next time
officer: Just like how you do today, passport and COPR confirmation is all you need
me: So how about if i arrive via flight
officer: same, passport and COPR confirmation is enough and at that time you won't be having any goods to follow (didn't fully understand that)
me: ok
officer: You're all set, have fun and he walked inside again.

I roamed for few hours and returned to USA via same tunnel. So at this point, No extra document is given to me from their side and no Canada stamp on my passport as well. And since officer did not initiated PR card, what are my next steps ? Please advice

Is there a way i can look landing completed status ?
How i can apply PR card at this point ?

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
I went through Detroit tunnel on Dec 3rd 2021 at 4:00pm for soft landing (COPR Validity: March 5th 2022 )and they verified passport, COPR confirmation and COVID -ve results (72 hours) and gave me yellow slip and asked me to go to immigration office.

When i parked the car at immigration center, the immigration officer along with two other officers are already standing there and as soon as i park, they asked me to lower the windows and shut off the engine.

immigration officer: Can i see your passport, COPR doc and can you give me the yellow slip
me: provided all. (I also have a printed copy of my friend's address for sending PR card), gave that as well
officer: do you have GTF and GTC
me: gave him both
officer: (he just glanced for 10-15 sec) So when are you moving permanently
me: currently I'm in a job search and haven't got offer letter yet, so will be moving in couple of months (feb or march 2022)
officer: ok lets do the B4 when you permanently move, and gave me the passport, COPR and address copy back
me: So when will my PR card be initiated
officer: Will do while doing B4 when you come back in Feb or March
officer: You're all set, good to go. You're landing is completed, Welcome to Canada
me: thank you sir
officer: walked inside the building quickly.
me: I asked the other two officers that are standing there about PR card and they told me to wait for immigration officer as they do not know that info
me: i waited in car for 20 mins ish for him and immigration officer then came back out and he looked at me and walked straight to my car

<After 20 mins>

officer: Why are you still here, you're all set.
me: I have a question regarding PR card
officer: ok what's that
me: Usually PR card will be initiated now and sending it to the address i'm staying here and i will be collecting it when i come back to Canada next time, isn't it the case ?
officer: Yeah but due to COVID we aren't initiating PR cards currently and you will get when you come back (This isn't true, guess he's lazy on Friday evening to go back inside the office and login to the system and type my information there)
me: So how should i enter next time
officer: Just like how you do today, passport and COPR confirmation is all you need
me: So how about if i arrive via flight
officer: same, passport and COPR confirmation is enough and at that time you won't be having any goods to follow (didn't fully understand that)
me: ok
officer: You're all set, have fun and he walked inside again.

I roamed for few hours and returned to USA via same tunnel. So at this point, No extra document is given to me from their side and no Canada stamp on my passport as well. And since officer did not initiated PR card, what are my next steps ? Please advice

Is there a way i can look landing completed status ?
How i can apply PR card at this point ?
Hey can you please suggest what can be next steps? I had same experience yesterday.