+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

merciguerrero

May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
AOR Received.
August 22, 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
September 15, 2011
Interview........
November 29, 2011
hi eponine, mandie and all,

received today my 2nd AOR (VO Manila) but my e-CAS status is still CIO-S ER complete. did you also receive yours eponine? thanks to all for the good wishes and prayers!

eponine0609

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011 (credit card charged July 05, 2011)
AOR Received.
PER August 22, 2011
IELTS Request
included in the app (8.0 overall band score)
File Transfer...
September 15, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
October 25, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully 2012! God help us!
merciguerrero said:
hi eponine, mandie and all,

received today my 2nd AOR (VO Manila) but my e-CAS status is still CIO-S ER complete. did you also receive yours eponine? thanks to all for the good wishes and prayers!
congrats po! :) just got mine this afternoon and no change in ECAS. your post in the june thread that you were looking for me in the social worker thread made me check this even if i don't have the same noc :) will continue praying for you and everybody waiting for MR... goodluck to us all!

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear Mandie

I have been told by some one i know that I need to send Membership with any SocialWork Organization as additional document to make my case more strong. Do u think that after employement letter from the organization and worked few years back in the same domain is not enough to prove CIC ?

Regards
Amir

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
amir82 said:
Dear Mandie

I have been told by some one i know that I need to send Membership with any SocialWork Organization as additional document to make my case more strong. Do u think that after employement letter from the organization and worked few years back in the same domain is not enough to prove CIC ?

Regards
Amir
Hey, on one of the forms, we are asked which professional organisations we belong to. If you are registered with a social work association or social work regulator in your country, you should add that information. So if you have registration with SW org, add it....Mandie

Jatta

Sep 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people,
Can anyone share how to notarize and translate a single copy can anyone share scanned copy of any document.

Regards

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Mandie, as u said that " if we are registered to " but what if some one is not registered to ? social work would be a regulated occupation in canada but in different countries its not. Is it a must being an employee with designation social should possess attachment with any socialwork society or regulation ?

What do u expect would happend to our file if case is simple as reference letter only ? just incase
Regards
Amir

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
amir82 said:
Mandie, as u said that " if we are registered to " but what if some one is not registered to ? social work would be a regulated occupation in canada but in different countries its not. Is it a must being an employee with designation social should possess attachment with any socialwork society or regulation ?

What do u expect would happend to our file if case is simple as reference letter only ? just incase
Regards
Amir
As per the guide, the duties is the basis of the entire FSW application. All you need is CIC to be satisfied with the duties you haveperformed. Adding the the orgs is just supplementary info, and would not decrease your chances if you are not a member of an org. the reference letter must be detailed and reflect what CIC is looking for. You are worrying uncessarily...Mandie

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
thanx mandie, ok the reference letter head tells all about me and nothing about the organization it self. But i have seen many letter which states about organization as well. Do u think explaning organization is a good thing where at the other hand the name & logo of organization tells the whole story.

regards
amir

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
amir82 said:
thanx mandie, ok the reference letter head tells all about me and nothing about the organization it self. But i have seen many letter which states about organization as well. Do u think explaning organization is a good thing where at the other hand the name & logo of organization tells the whole story.

regards
amir
in your earlier post, you got me confused. you said social work organisation. I took this to mean for eg, British Association of Social Workers, which is a professional org. Now you are referring to your employer. I don't see the link to the your earlier. Back to the above, yes you could put a line or two abt what the org you work for does...mandie

Jatta

Sep 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people,
My question is for pof can we keep money in GBP which us equivalent to required cad but in that cad? And in that case do we have to send bank statement in £ or in $ ? Which conversion rate cic will follow or shall we just give them bank statement in £ ?

Regards

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Jatta- you can show POF in any currency as per my knowledge but amount should be equivalent to minimum requirment by CIC. Seniors can also comment on this.

Regards
Amir

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
amir82 said:
Jatta- you can show POF in any currency as per my knowledge but amount should be equivalent to minimum requirment by CIC. Seniors can also comment on this.

Regards
Amir
Dear Jatta, amir82 is right.

Cheers,
Nashe

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Jatta said:
Hello people,
My question is for pof can we keep money in GBP which us equivalent to required cad but in that cad? And in that case do we have to send bank statement in £ or in $ ? Which conversion rate cic will follow or shall we just give them bank statement in £ ?

Regards
Yes, you can. I also sent POF all in GBP, from UK bank and local bank from current country..no problem at all so far as it is equivalent to the Canadian amount required....Mandie

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15/7/2013 (babys med 07-07-14), Spouse rescheduled for Medical :9-9-14
Med's Done....
30-7-2013, 7-7-14, 9-9-14
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 02-04-2014, PR2 29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
Thanks Mandie for the details provided earlier !

Guys my address disappeared today! Fingers crossedddddddddd!
status is still RBVO, and inside details are the same !

BR,
Zeem !