+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Miki27 said:
Hi Everybody!

I am new to this forum and want to apply for a skilled worker visa under NOC category 4152. Can anybody tell me how my chances are of getting a visa with a master's degree in education (from Austria) and work experience in child care with some of the duties matching the job duties list for social workers?
Like said earlier, the main point is that once you can prove that the duties you performed matches those listed under social work, you are good to go...Your degree will count towards claiming points under education. So just get all the docs as per the guide and you will be fine.

Miki27

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
mandiebraxton said:
Like said earlier, the main point is that once you can prove that the duties you performed matches those listed under social work, you are good to go...Your degree will count towards claiming points under education. So just get all the docs as per the guide and you will be fine.
Thank you so much Mandie. I don't want to apply without having a slight chance of being accepted under this category but I am sure I can provide a refernce for the last three years from the UK. Before that I worked in the US but I don't have any chance to contact the company where I was employed as they have closed down years ago. I have a reference letter but it doesn't state my job duties. Any advice?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Miki27 said:
Thank you so much Mandie. I don't want to apply without having a slight chance of being accepted under this category but I am sure I can provide a refernce for the last three years from the UK. Before that I worked in the US but I don't have any chance to contact the company where I was employed as they have closed down years ago. I have a reference letter but it doesn't state my job duties. Any advice?
If the points for 3 years will be enough for the minimum of 67 points, then you don't have to worry about the previous job which has closed down. As you already have a reference letter from that employer, you can add it to your evidence....Mandie

Fatima 2011

May 17, 2011
thanks mandie for your guidance, Actually i wanted to have a covering letter to make my chances strong, becoz i read in the forum manytimes that their cases were rejected because their job description didnt match the NOC duties.
@ Tasneem its not mandatory, but i have read some people from the forum that your covering letter can make the difference

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Fatima 2011 said:
thanks mandie for your guidance, Actually i wanted to have a covering letter to make my chances strong, becoz i read in the forum manytimes that their cases were rejected because their job description didnt match the NOC duties.
@ Tasneem its not mandatory, but i have read some people from the forum that your covering letter can make the difference
I understand what you are saying but, will CIO actually 'listen' to you the applicant when your employer has already stated the duties you have performed? The best thing you should do is to discuss with the person writing the reference about the social work duties and how to make the reference letter reflect the duties you have performed. Having a conflicting jod description will not help, I am afraid....Mandie

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi guys

My address has disappeared last one week. Still missing. What does it mean? Is it positive sign? I am feeling tense. Please reply me. My current status RBVO from 15th of April_2011.

Regards.

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
SaadAhmed said:
Whether these documents should be got attested, if yes then from where. Can anyone please pointout the place in Karachi. Or the attestation from local jurisdiction Magistrate would be sufficient.
How to send personal message to you Nashe, could you plz share ur email id through PM to me.
Thanks
Assalamualaikum, I am sorry for being late, couldn't pay heed on this post before.

You can get the photocopies of ur docs attested through any oath commissioner in local Kathehry, its very simple and cheap.
As far as Ielts is concerned, as dear Devilhimself advised that if your Ielts is General, and ur score enables u to secure 67 points, you should apply with the same Ielts result, but ASAP.

I have sent u a PM.

Regrads,
Nashe

Sep 14, 2011
i have masters in sociology and work experience as SOCIAL CASE WORKER in special education for 3 years so am i eligible for 4152 category or not.

REGARDS,

SHAHID NIZAMANI

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
If you performed the duties listed for NOC 4152 for at least one year then you are eligible to apply. Check your job duties to what is in the noc description and if the majority match then you are good to go. Here's a link to the duties (also see Mandie has kindly put a link to job duties in her siggy) http://www.canadavisa.com/social-workers-4152.html

Social workers help individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and organizations develop the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provide counselling, therapy and referral to other supportive social services. Social workers also respond to other social needs and issues such as unemployment, racism and poverty. They are employed by hospitals, school boards, social service agencies, child welfare organizations, correctional facilities, community agencies, employee assistance programs and Aboriginal band councils, or they may work in private practice.

(Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification, used by Canadian immigration officers, to assess an applicant's work experience.)

Social workers perform some or all of the following duties:

Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, to assess their situation and problems and determine the types of services required
Provide counsel and therapy to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems
Plan programs of assistance for clients including referral to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
Investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary
Serve as members on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups
Act as advocates for client groups in the community, lobby for solutions to problems directly affecting client groups and develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
Develop or advise on social policy legislation, conduct social research and assist in community development
Provide mediation services and psychosocial assessments
Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling and social programs
May provide public education and consultation to professionals or groups regarding counselling services, issues and methods
May supervise other social workers.
Social workers may specialize in fields of practice such as child welfare, family services, corrections, gerontology or addictions.

rajinder

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Friends,

One of my friend did B.A ( in Subjects Political Science,History,Elective Punjabi ) by regular & M.A in Political Science by correspondence,he wants to apply under FSW AS SOCIAL WORKER can he qualify wid his above education background ?

thanks in Advance

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
rajinder said:
Hi Friends,

One of my friend did B.A ( in Subjects Political Science,History,Elective Punjabi ) by regular & M.A in Political Science by correspondence,he wants to apply under FSW AS SOCIAL WORKER can he qualify wid his above education background ?

thanks in Advance
if u read the previous posts u will see that only job duties are matter. see the link provided in Mandiebraxton address.then match ur duties. if ok u can apply

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
kochi said:
Hi guys

My address has disappeared last one week. Still missing. What does it mean? Is it positive sign? I am feeling tense. Please reply me. My current status RBVO from 15th of April_2011.

Regards.
its positive sign .u will hear the decision in a week or so.

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
socialscientist82 said:
i have masters in sociology and work experience as SOCIAL CASE WORKER in special education for 3 years so am i eligible for 4152 category or not.

REGARDS,

SHAHID NIZAMANI
yes u r eligible to apply. read job description of NOC 4142. donot copy but the main theme should be according to that . then prepare experience letter as well as reference letter.good luck

samirsa

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2012
Doc's Request.
same date
AOR Received.
Application returned due to CAP reached
IELTS Request
with application
LANDED..........
When god allow
Hi senior

I got NER. However, I am filling the form and found some difficulties in Background declaration form Q 6. do I have to fill up yes or no option "d" (do I or my spouse refused visa to Canada? (. I got NER due to my JD is not match with social worker JD. If I have to fill it, do my spouse need to fill it too? Pls answer

samirsa