+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

social worker anyone?

katandcanada

Dec 31, 2015
hello not as a social worker but as a community service worker who works with social workers, I believe it's 6212 NOC.
just be aware that your job is regulated

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
katandcanada said:
hello not as a social worker but as a community service worker who works with social workers, I believe it's 6212 NOC.
just be aware that your job is regulated
mine is noc 4152. have you applied already? did you receove an ita?

thanks

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
I am a social worker from outside of Canada. I am an open work permit right now in Canada, but because social work is a regulated job, I can not work as a social worker right now. I should increase my language and register as a social worker to OASW ( Ontario).

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
best of luck to you! in your case u have a big chance since you're already in canada unlike me :)

im just praying and hoping that somebody will give me an ita once i file my ee.

dream-catcher

Aug 23, 2015
Hello! everyone, I too belongs to the same category (Social Worker).... Outside Canada and applied for EE in March, 2015. No response yet from any province.... My EE is 360....
What I have checked, there is very low number of opportunities for social worker... I dont know how Sandra got open work permit... I too tried to find, but unable..

For Alberta..... they will announce the demand list. As per my understanding, only 2125 application from skilled workers will be accepted... which will be filled with-in 05 to 10 minutes.. Particularly, social worker seats / numbers will be minimized level.

For Nova Scotia, there is no stream for social worker..... Only 4163 (Family, Marriage and Other Related Counselors) spot is available. Plz see link

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-English.pdf

Finally, I have very low chance of EE / Provisional Nomination for Social Worker... I sandra can help and inform that how work permit (open) may be acquired, will enable to reach and regulate in the profession is easy....

Looking forward for comments for social worker chances in EE or PNP....

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
I will be filing mine maybe within this week.. lets see what happens after a couple of months, im keeping my fingers crossed. I hope we will be given the chance/ita. (lets be positive about this)

as you have said, social work jobs have low number of opportunities as i have seen as well in job bank and one more thing, our profession is regulated.

i attended the information seminar for new brunswick but unluckily, they do need social workers as of the moment but i submitted eoi as they entertain those who attended the said semionar. who knows,..i might get an ita .. (hahaha very hopeful)

katandcanada

Dec 31, 2015
can you still apply for a nomination even though your job is regulated? I ask because mine is, and I'm confused about this . I have called the institution that grants the license and of course they won't let me register unless I have a PR and passed a board test

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
i asked them and they said since i attended the information seminar i can just submit an eoi, after a month, if i didnt receive an ita, then dont expect anymore.. but the good thing is, the information seminar is valid for two years, so my eoi will be active or in the waiting list or whatever they want to call that.. so if social worker opens, then good thing.. if not,..then what else can we do?.. we will look and wait for other province that will cater to social workers..

lets hope and pray guys!