+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So we can’t apply until March 31st?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
issue of attestation, may 6th is the resumption date, Diploma, at seneca college.
Have you applied yet? If yes, wait and see what happens. If not, you need to wait until provinces post letter of attestation procedures. They have until March 31. Are you single?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I have a question as to what is considered a post graduate program, will a post grad diploma offered at a major university like university of british columbia be considered a post graduate program?? It leads to a cpa and a 4 year bachelor is required to enroll..
I would say that doesn’t require letter of attestation but who knows. Need IRCC to post definitions.

alwinsj123

Jan 23, 2024
I also got admission for advanced diploma for May Intake and was planning to apply for visa this month last. What will I do??????

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also got admission for advanced diploma and paid fees for My intake and was planning to submit for Visa this month last. What will I do???
So this requires post secondary, not a degree? Wait for instructions for letter of attestation from the province. Website states that all applications will not be returned if no letter. Do you have a spouse?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Is the attestation letter needed if you are going to lodge a study permit application for May 2024 intake?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Reactions: Abiola Ade

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is an incomplete application considered a refusal? The school we are applying to can only refund the confirmation deposit if the have a refusal letter from IRCC.
Have you applied? If not no reason to apply until rule’s are published. Schools are going to have to revise refund policies so talk to your school.

alwinsj123

Jan 23, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update; I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program, school resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.
I'm having the same doubt. Please tell if you found anything

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
What is the program? Colleges are scrambling and will have to come out with guidelines/deferral for May intakes.
Post-baccaulaureate in Human Resources. If ever I have to defer, the English proficiency test and medical exam would already be expired. Am fine even if I get refusal so that I could get refund of confirmation deposit ($5000).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Post-baccaulaureate in Human Resources. If ever I have to defer, the English proficiency test and medical exam would already be expired. Am fine even if I get refusal so that I could get refund of confirmation deposit ($5000).
So that should not require letter of attestation.

As of January 22, 2024, most students must include an attestation letter from the province or territory where they plan to study with their study permit application.
If you apply without an attestation letter your application will be returned unless you’re either
  • a minor child in a primary or secondary school (kindergarten to grade 12)
  • a student in a masters, PhD or other post-graduate program