+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So we can’t apply until March 31st?

jjayy

Jan 24, 2024
I'm going to apply for a study permit for a graduate certificate at Cambrian College in the July 2024 intake. I noticed that post-graduate programs can apply without the attestation letter. Should I wait until the new announcement, or just try to see if it will return?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm going to apply for a study permit for a graduate certificate at Cambrian College in the July 2024 intake. I noticed that post-graduate programs can apply without the attestation letter. Should I wait until the new announcement, or just try to see if it will return?
For the Sudbury campus, you can try and see what happens.

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Just a quick question:

As there is no pgwp from ppp colleges if studied from 1st September 2024, is it the public college itself or the associated private college?

example, Niagara college canada itself is a public college and its partnered private college is Toronto school of management. Is it the Niagara college students who won’t get pgwp or the Toronto school of management students who wont get pgwp? Or may be both of these colleges not eligible for pgwp?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just a quick question:

As there is no pgwp from ppp colleges if studied from 1st September 2024, is it the public college itself or the associated private college?

example, Niagara college canada itself is a public college and its partnered private college is Toronto school of management. Is it the Niagara college students who won’t get pgwp or the Toronto school of management students who wont get pgwp? Or may be both of these colleges not eligible for pgwp?
Niagara student are fine.

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Ooh! I see.

So the public colleges are fine(like Canadore, Algonquin, Fanshawe, Fleming, Georgian, Lambton, Loyalist, Sheridan etc), even though they have partnerships with private colleges, but the affiliated private colleges of these public buds(like stanford international college, CDI college, ILAC international, Trebas institute, Queens college, Toronto business college etc) are in danger???

Pat me

Jan 20, 2024
Hi
My sponsor for Canada study visa is my aunt in Canada.
She's trying to move money from her RRSP to a regular savings account for POF.
Must we wait 4 months after the fund is transferred? Must her bank statement be 4 months duration? Or can she just show her closing account balance.
She also has some money in her TFSA.

Pat me

Jan 20, 2024
we haven't apply yet. am married
Please I have a question.

Hello everyone,
My sponsor for Canada study visa is my aunt in Canada.
She's trying to move money from her RRSP to a regular savings account for POF.
Must we wait 4 months after the fund is transferred? Must her bank statement be 4 months duration? Or can she just show her closing account balance.
She also has some money in her TFSA.
Thanks.

Ahraaz Mehdi

Jan 26, 2024
Hi, I was accepted to fleming college Toronto for the May intake. If I have to wait for March then I will miss my intake and orientation class. What should I do now?
I have the same problem, I am using the sds stream so the time frame I have been given is 20 days but if my visa does not come in those days I am gonna start online as it is a given option from my university. I don't know if this is the best method but it is what I am doing.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have the same problem, I am using the sds stream so the time frame I have been given is 20 days but if my visa does not come in those days I am gonna start online as it is a given option from my university. I don't know if this is the best method but it is what I am doing.
Not a good idea. If you start online then any time completed without a study permit doesn’t count towards your PGWP. Also if refused and completed most of the semester, you will not get a refund. SDS processing of 20 days is rarely met.

Ahraaz Mehdi

Jan 26, 2024
Not a good idea. If you start online then any time completed without a study permit doesn’t count towards your PGWP. Also if refused and completed most of the semester, you will not get a refund. SDS processing of 20 days is rarely met.
Its a 5 year program altogether. I’ve already paid my first years tuition. The visa shouldn’t take more than 2 months though. Right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its a 5 year program altogether. I’ve already paid my first years tuition. The visa shouldn’t take more than 2 months though. Right?
What is the program? When did you apply for study permit? Read through the SDS forum. Some people have been waiting since September.