+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So we can’t apply until March 31st?

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Are these new study permit rules of attestation letter and study caps applicable to those who apply from inside Canada(Visit visa to study permit with completion of short term pre requisite course)?

Jan 24, 2024
You need to wait until March 31. Provinces are being capped too so each province will be allowed so many study permits.

You need an attestation letter to apply for a study permit
As of January 22, 2024, most students must include an attestation letter from the province or territory where they plan to study with their study permit application.

If you apply without an attestation letter your application will be returned unless you’re either a

• minor child in a primary or secondary school (kindergarten to grade 12)
  • student in a masters, PhD or other post-graduate program
  • student applying to extend your study permit
Hi I almost have the same situation. I already have an LOA from Saskatchewan Polytechnic and school starts on August 29. May I ask if Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a public college and am I still eligible for PWGP?

KaziOmi

Jan 24, 2024
Hi, I was accepted to fleming college Toronto for the May intake. If I have to wait for March then I will miss my intake and orientation class. What should I do now?

Jan 24, 2024
Hi I almost have the same situation. I already have an LOA from Saskatchewan Polytechnic and school starts on August 29. May I ask if Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a public college and am I still eligible for PWGP?

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Hi, I was accepted to fleming college Toronto for the May intake. If I have to wait for March then I will miss my intake and orientation class. What should I do now?
If the PGWP matters to you, then you probably want to wait until you get more information about changes to the withdrawal process, then withdraw your application.

Jan 24, 2024

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Are these new study permit rules of attestation letter and study caps applicable to those who apply from inside Canada(Visit visa to study permit with completion of short term pre requisite course)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you would need to qualify. Most visitors can’t apply from inside Canada and have to send their application Outland. How long have you been in Canada? If you haven’t received a study permit yet you are unlikely to start before September if you are approved for study permit and get a provincial attestation.

Temilola_Moh

Jan 24, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update; I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program, school resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.
Hi, you have nothing to worry about, all you need to do is to request for a deferral to September 2024 intake

jonalynbaac

Jan 24, 2024
Having the same problem.. I've got my LOA from Centennial College for May intake.. Still preparing my papers for student permit application...

Jan 24, 2024
Post graduate programs means PG in medical field or other fields like business and management
You need to wait until March 31. Provinces are being capped too so each province will be allowed so many study permits.

You need an attestation letter to apply for a study permit
As of January 22, 2024, most students must include an attestation letter from the province or territory where they plan to study with their study permit application.

If you apply without an attestation letter your application will be returned unless you’re either a

• minor child in a primary or secondary school (kindergarten to grade 12)
  • student in a masters, PhD or other post-graduate program
  • student applying to extend your study permit