+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SO CONFUSED - what should we do?! PR issue

ljdempsey

Aug 29, 2011
Hi there,
I am so confused as to what my next steps should be!
My fiance, who I sponsored as my Common Law partner just received news yesterday that our immigration case for PR has been approved!!! We are SO happy and SO relieved. No more immigration issues to deal with - or so I thought.

He's from South Korea and he needs to return home before the end of the year to re-new some documentation (license, etc). Now, it'll take at least 2 months for him to receive his PR card. He's planning on going down to Buffalo to get his visa and then re-enter the country there (then its a 2 month wait until his PR card arrives so he can't travel). We could currier his passport to the immigration office for visa issuance but that'll take a 15 business days. By that time it'll be too late for him to go to Korea and come back before the year expiry date of his medical exam (apparently to re-enter into the country as a PR you have to enter before the year date of medical exam). I have no idea what his next step should be!!

Sorry this is all over the place. I'm hoping for some advice? Has anyone received their (or their partners) PR card in less than 2 months? Or has anyone received their passport back from immigration before 15 days??

Thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
He should go and get his visa put in, land as a PR and then go to S. Korea to take care of his business after landing.

He is visa-exempt, so he should be able to return to Canada on the strength of his COPR and his passport alone, he does not have to wait until the PR card arrives in order to return home to S. Korea. If his card arrives in the time he is gone, you can courier it to him so he will have it when he returns to Canada.