+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU ECA through ICAS

pratik5317

Feb 1, 2021
I would like to update and congratulate to all the people who have done MBA from SMU and trying ECA for Canada immigration you will get Master's report now its confirmed.
Since I have received my ECA report electronic copy from ICAS and its clearly mentioned that the competitive level in Canada is master of business administration.
Hi Faheem,

I have dome MBA in Banking from SMU. I want to apply for ECA via ICAS. Could you please some reference links/videos about the procedure? I'm totally new to this. Even a little help would be a great assistance for me to get started with the application. Also, if you can share your contact number.

Awaiting your kind response. Thank you in advance. :)

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Faheem,

I have dome MBA in Banking from SMU. I want to apply for ECA via ICAS. Could you please some reference links/videos about the procedure? I'm totally new to this. Even a little help would be a great assistance for me to get started with the application. Also, if you can share your contact number.

Awaiting your kind response. Thank you in advance. :)
Connect me on linked in https://www.linkedin.com/in/saadfaheem

Semely

Jun 11, 2021
Can someone help me to fill the ICAS form education history section
I am from India and need to evaluate my MBA degree from SMU .
I am bit confused in filling Primary, secondary and post-secondary and others
Hi Saad,

Could you please guide me with respect to the SMU-DE degree , what would be the answer for the below requirement from ICAS ? Do we need to mention our local study center ? appreciate your help.

If you did not study on-campus at the institution which awarded your qualification, your documents must clearly indicate the location of study

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Saad,

Could you please guide me with respect to the SMU-DE degree , what would be the answer for the below requirement from ICAS ? Do we need to mention our local study center ? appreciate your help.

If you did not study on-campus at the institution which awarded your qualification, your documents must clearly indicate the location of study
ICAS only care about your degree and mentioned documents honestly Its a big myth that long distance education doesn't count in immigration..
ICAS never ask your center information even ICAS also consider IGNOU degree..
So chill and do the process confidently

Semely

Jun 11, 2021
ICAS only care about your degree and mentioned documents honestly Its a big myth that long distance education doesn't count in immigration..
ICAS never ask your center information even ICAS also consider IGNOU degree..
So chill and do the process confidently
Thank you Saad, Will go ahead and start with ICAS then.

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
Hi All,
I would like to tell everyone that my SMU-DE MBA degree is evaluated by ICAS. Thanks to this forum that i got to know it is possible to evaluate SMU degrees via ICAS for immigration purpose. Below are the timelines for reference.

Date Event
07-07-2021 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
06-21-2021 Assessment Report ready for editing
03-10-2021 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
03-02-2021 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-18-2021 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-14-2021 Application Received

Reactions: SaadFaheem
Jul 16, 2022
Have you provided your Bachelor's degree and MBA degree certificates assessed or only the Master's degree alone for ECA report? Please confirm.

ftk1987

Oct 18, 2022
Hi Everyone

I have applied for ECA through ICAS.
I have done my graduation and post graduation from SMU - DE.

In ICAS official document request form I have to specify my attendance ? Can anyone help me with this information.

I called SMU helpdesk but they are keep sending me transcripts request form.

I also need some help with the SMU course code I need to mention that in transcripts form.

Hoping for a response.
Hi friend,
1. Did you find the SMU course code you mentioned in your question?

2. Total fee is Rs 2450/- for Canada Immigration (Transcript -200/-, General Attestation-250/-, postal charges-2000/-) <-this is what SMU send me. did you pay the same amount or did you pay extra for more sets of attestation or transcripts? it is given
a. Transcript 200 for first copy
b. Additional copies 100 per copy for Transcript only

3. did you apply for Bonafide cum Migration Certificate also. there is an option to select yes or no for this. it is given Bonafide cum Migration 300 for each copy

4. there is a section 9 in the application form. it says -> 9. Applicant’s address to which the certificate to be sent. what should we fill here? our home address or icas address. if we give home address will they be sending an extra copy to our home or the only copy to our home.

5. is it possible for you to attach here a filled up application form you received from the SMU

6. how did you find Dates of Attendance: From: To: to be filled in Official Records Request Form

thanks in advance. please help me.

harrydarwen

Oct 18, 2022
Hi Everyone

I have applied for ECA through ICAS.
I have done my graduation and post graduation Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin from SMU - DE.

In ICAS official document request form I have to specify my attendance ? Can anyone help me with this information.

I called SMU helpdesk but they are keep sending me transcripts request form.

I also need some help with the SMU course code I need to mention that in transcripts form.

Hoping for a response.
any updates on your assessment?

Last edited:

ftk1987

Oct 18, 2022
Hi friend,
1. Did you find the SMU course code you mentioned in your question?

2. Total fee is Rs 2450/- for Canada Immigration (Transcript -200/-, General Attestation-250/-, postal charges-2000/-) <-this is what SMU send me. did you pay the same amount or did you pay extra for more sets of attestation or transcripts? it is given
a. Transcript 200 for first copy
b. Additional copies 100 per copy for Transcript only

3. did you apply for Bonafide cum Migration Certificate also. there is an option to select yes or no for this. it is given Bonafide cum Migration 300 for each copy

4. there is a section 9 in the application form. it says -> 9. Applicant’s address to which the certificate to be sent. what should we fill here? our home address or icas address. if we give home address will they be sending an extra copy to our home or the only copy to our home.

5. is it possible for you to attach here a filled up application form you received from the SMU

6. how did you find Dates of Attendance: From: To: to be filled in Official Records Request Form

thanks in advance. please help me.
I got a reply from SMU and my problem is solved EXCEPT for 6. how did you find Dates of Attendance: From: To: to be filled in Official Records Request Form. Hope SMU will let me know this.

1. Course code (for me is): MBA

2. Total fee is Rs 2450/- for Canada Immigration (Transcript -200/-, General Attestation-250/-, postal charges-2000/-) NO EXTRA TRANSCRIPT COPIES OR EXTRA ATTESTATIONS. JUST 2450 FOR CANADA ECA by ICAS.

3. Bonafide cum Migration certificate is not required for CANADA ECA by ICAS

4. Applicant’s address to which the certificate to be sent. I am asked to add the ICAS address here for CANADA ECA by ICAS

HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS. GOOD LUCK