+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Small Help needed - Managing 2 NOCs

nakdenk85

Jan 24, 2016
Hi All,

I have few questions.
I am into manual software testing in India for the past 7 years.
Obviously in these 7 years I have been promoted in a kind of test lead position(though the role/designation still says Quality Assurance analyst).

So I have been researching all the forum posts to find the exact NOC code for me.
I have drilled down that as NOC 2283 which is for software testing.But this is a skill B level job.

Since now i do duties in my current job(the last 1 year) as creating master test strategy,helping in test planning and test management- so I think I can apply for NOC code 2171(skill A level) for this 1 year.

1)So should I choose 2 NOCs-2171 and 2283 in my work profile.Or should I list all the 7 years experience under 2283 only.

2)A)If I choose 2 NOCs,what should my primary NOC be ?(since now onwards want to work in test lead openings)
B)Also in my current organisation(reputed brand) I am working for the last 3 years(out of which 1 year I did NOC 2171 duties)
So how can I split them as two NOCs??
3)A)Also if I apply all 7 years under 2283 I feel I will lose out if I get a chance to come to canada since the visa will say 2283 noc-which means a lower pay since it is skill B (only 19 jobs were shown on the job bank for 2283).Views regarding this pls
B) Also from now onwards I want to work in leading /Managing QA projects which seems to be under 2171??
C)Also now i am learning automation skills - will manage to grasp them to a intermediate level.SO i feel i will lose out on a NOC 2283?

Seniors/Expats-Kindly assist??Thanks in Advance for the quick replies :D

Please note my IELTS score is good enough for both A and B
(L 8, R 9, S 7,W 7)

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
nakdenk85 said:
Hi All,

I have few questions.
Obviously in these 7 years I have been promoted in a kind of test lead position(though the role/designation still says Quality Assurance analyst).

So I have been researching all the forum posts to find the exact NOC code for me.
I have drilled down that as NOC 2283 which is for software testing.But this is a skill B level job.

Since now i do duties in my current job(the last 1 year) as creating master test strategy,helping in test planning and test management- so I think I can apply for NOC code 2171(skill A level) for this 1 year.

1)So should I choose 2 NOCs-2171 and 2283 in my work profile.Or should I list all the 7 years experience under 2283 only.

2)A)If I choose 2 NOCs,what should my primary NOC be ?(since now onwards want to work in test lead openings)
B)Also in my current organisation(reputed brand) I am working for the last 3 years(out of which 1 year I did NOC 2171 duties)
3)A)Also if I apply all 7 years under 2283 I feel I will lose out if I get a chance to come to canada since the visa will say 2283 noc-which means a lower pay since it is skill B (only 19 jobs were shown on the job bank for 2283).Views regarding this pls
B) Also from now onwards I want to work in leading /Managing QA projects which seems to be under 2171??
C)Also now i am learning automation skills - will manage to grasp them to a intermediate level.SO i feel i will lose out on a NOC 2283?

(L 8, R 9, S 7,W 7)
I have a similar situation and I can see that my profile can fit under many NOC's as I worked as Web developer, Senior programmer, Analyst, technology Consultant and lastly Proj. mgr in my previous organization so many NOC's can be implied as 2171, 2174 and 2175. I chose 2175 as I thought I can fit all roles into this in some way or the other, even in my last organization i worked as Proj Mgr but still I mentioned it as 2175 as looking at the roles and duties defined in the description can be justified with 2175 in some way if not all, hence I kept 2175 for all job profiles as looking in totality this seems most relevent if not 100%.

This is only about how i approached it, You may need to dig out a little further on this and take more advise.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Use 2171. and get the role & responsibilities from HR on company letter head if possible.

This is your current job for 3 years for which you will get points.

I was also confused. I am a Software Engineer NOC 2173 ; also performed jobs related to 2171, etc

As the companies HRD are refusing to provide the details of roles and responsibilities,

I took the letter from my Manager on plain paper, notarized, attached his business card and wrote a LoE.

I am going to submit my application to Ontario soon.

nakdenk85

Jan 24, 2016
Actually out of 4 duties mentioned for 2171,only one suits for me

Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems..

Do you mean to say i should apply 4 years as 2283 and 3 years as 2171?
What should be my primary NOC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakdenk85 said:
Hi All,

I have few questions.

If you can get a reference letter from your organization stating your roles & responsibilities were closely matching the main duties of NOC 2171 for the last 7 years, you can claim NOC 2171 for the entire duration.

If there are multiple NOCs, choose as Primary NOC the one where you have the maximum experience.

You can split that as 1 year under 2171 and appropriate NOC(s) for the remaining 2 years.

PRs aren't restricted by NOC - after getting PR status, you can choose to work in any NOC.

Future plans to work in a particular NOC don't matter for PR application.

Doesn't matter to your PR application.

(L 8, R 9, S 7,W 7)