+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled worker PR after recognized as convention refugee do i have to give RTD back

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Skilled worker PR after recognized as convention refugee do i have to give RTD back and get my non-expired confiscated passport back, or can I have Skilled worker PR and RTD?

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
I know that after I get my passport back I can go home but honestly I never want to go back there and RTD gives me more privileges like being able to go to germany, france and 10 year US visa etc ...
Should I just wait and get PR as convention refugee?
I received nomination from Ontario, and skilled worker PR takes a few months way less then refugee PR

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Once a protected person, always a protected person. No you should not use your previous passport.
That's wrong info. Many other skilled applicants have let go of their convention refugee status, and opted for skilled worker permanent residence. You are no longer a refugee, and you get your passport issued back to you. There's no removal order when you are a permanent resident :)

I'm only seeing the possibility if there's an in-between, keeping RTD and being on skilled worker PR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can’t apply as a skilled worker if you are a refugee. You get your PR as a refugee, and NO, you should never use or renew your passport. Research reavailment.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Skilled worker PR after recognized as convention refugee do i have to give RTD back and get my non-expired confiscated passport back, or can I have Skilled worker PR and RTD?
Do you know anyone who applied as skilled worker after obtaining positive refugee status?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Why would anyone apply as a skilled worker after they receive a positive decision on a refugee claim from IRB? You’re automatically eligible for permenent residence. That make no sense.

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Do you know anyone who applied as skilled worker after obtaining positive refugee status?
It's way faster. Especially when you have a provincial nomination its pretty much secured for approval.

Yes, some have been working, and been nominated by Ontario. I'm just seeing if I can keep the RTD, PR interview on the way as skilled worker.
it's very hard to do, but with the right education, skillset, and knowhow anyone can do it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's wrong info. Many other skilled applicants have let go of their convention refugee status, and opted for skilled worker permanent residence. You are no longer a refugee, and you get your passport issued back to you. There's no removal order when you are a permanent resident :)

I'm only seeing the possibility if there's an in-between, keeping RTD and being on skilled worker PR.
No I am right. You applied and were approved as a protected person. That doesn’t disappear just because you got skilled PR. If you got refused at your hearing and got sponsored by a spouse, for example, you wouldn’t be a protected person.

kk2003

Oct 16, 2019
Can a PA under FSW living outside Canada include Wife and kids under asylum (in Canada) to his application without any legal implication?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can a PA under FSW living outside Canada include Wife and kids under asylum (in Canada) to his application without any legal implication?
You can’t claim asylum if you are out of Canada. If you are applying for PR you should include you spouse and child in your application.