+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Six Months Since Last Correspondence

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi all;

It's been 6 months since CIC sent me any correspondence for our citizenship application. We took our exam and interview on February 20th and they sent a fingerprint request for my wife on the same day. We've been "In Process" ever since. Since we've passed the 6 months mark, are they required to give me additional information when I call the call centre? Should I request an ATIP?

Thanks!

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi all;

It's been 6 months since CIC sent me any correspondence for our citizenship application. We took our exam and interview on February 20th and they sent a fingerprint request for my wife on the same day. We've been "In Process" ever since. Since we've passed the 6 months mark, are they required to give me additional information when I call the call centre? Should I request an ATIP?

Thanks!
go for GCMS notes....

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Official processing time is up to 12 months. Until then the only answer you ll get is "everything's fine".

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Official processing time is up to 12 months. Until then the only answer you ll get is "everything's fine".
security check is the main hurdle..unless you pass the security check you won't get any oath etc even if you have passed other requirements... security checks can take some extra time in some cases and in my own notes too its security every where and its blanked and article of the acts s21

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
security check is the main hurdle..unless you pass the security check you won't get any oath etc even if you have passed other requirements... security checks can take some extra time in some cases and in my own notes too its security every where and its blanked and article of the acts s21
I am waiting from 14 months my security check is passed but prohibition is still in process and call center agents are telling that there is no time frame for it. Really ridicules that immigration department can bring thousands unknown people as refugees in one month time but own residents who are living, working, paying taxes in Canada are ignored by their system.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I am waiting from 14 months my security check is passed but prohibition is still in process and call center agents are telling that there is no time frame for it. Really ridicules that immigration department can bring thousands unknown people as refugees in one month time but own residents who are living, working, paying taxes in Canada are ignored by their system.
Can you tell what kind of prohibitions are there ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
These are prohibition and nothing applied to me.

are on parole or on probation or serving a term of imprisonment in Canada
  • are serving a sentence outside Canada
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada,
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence committed outside Canada that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • are under a removal order (Canadian officials have asked you to leave Canada)
  • are being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • have had a citizenship application refused for misrepresentation in the past five years
  • have had your Canadian citizenship revoked (taken away) because of fraud in the past ten years
  • have been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the four years before you apply
  • have been convicted outside Canada of an offence that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada in the four years before you apply, even if you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence,
  • have been convicted of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences while you were a permanent resident,
  • served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada, while you were a permanent resident, or
  • never met or no longer meet the requirements for a grant or resumption of citizenship.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

• are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada,
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence committed outside Canada that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • are being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • have had a citizenship application refused for misrepresentation in the past five years
  • have had your Canadian citizenship revoked (taken away) because of fraud in the past ten years
  • have been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the four years before you apply
  • have been convicted outside Canada of an offence that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada in the four years before you apply, even if you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence,
  • have been convicted of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences while you were a permanent resident,
  • served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada, while you were a permanent resident, or
  • never met or no longer meet the requirements for a grant or resumption of citizenship.
i totally understand what you are saying,. these prohibitions dont apply to you.... then why are still in process ?

in my notes too i see that it is marked as 1 and says not started ??

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

check my last reply also...i guess these prohibitions are some thing to do with security too...are you sure your security check is passed..? do you see that in your GCMS notes that security check is passed ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
check my last reply also...i guess these prohibitions are some thing to do with security too...are you sure your security check is passed..? do you see that in your GCMS notes that security check is passed ?
Yes as per GCMS notes security check, criminality, language and residency requirement all are passed. Only prohibition is showing in process.

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Don't give up guys.
I am wondering why does it take so long for you?
Any travel to any particular country? Etc.?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Yes as per GCMS notes security check, criminality, language and residency requirement all are passed. Only prohibition is showing in process.
very strange...guess they are keeping you pending for no apparant reason..can you speak to MP or some thing like that ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Don't give up guys.
I am wondering why does it take so long for you?
Any travel to any particular country? Etc.?
Yes before traveled lot, all passports are full with exit entry and visa stamps. But last five years only one time out from Canada for one month that's why residency is passed.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Every time I called it's the same response. "Everything looks good. We're waiting on Prohibition clearance. It's been less than 12 months." But what's driving me crazy is that none of the prohibitions apply to me or my family, we have no records whatsoever, and I feel like it's taking forever for no apparent good reason.