+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister visitor visa refused - Need your advice for re-applying

Shivzz

Jul 30, 2020
Hi everyone.
I'm a permanent resident of Canada and have been living in Canada with my husband for 5 years. My sister once applied for a visitor visa in 2018 (when I was on a study visa and it got rejected because of her travel history and her loose ties outside Canada (She had a vehicle, a property and a permanent job). She was 31 and single at that time and we concluded that was the reason for her refusal.
She applied one more time in December 2022 and it got rejected for this reason:

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My sister is getting married in the summer of 2023. She mentioned her upcoming wedding in her application but did not include any proof. She is now planning to apply one more time and my question is: What can she include in her application as proof to show that she will definitely go back to her country after her short visit to Canada? Is wedding venue reservation enough?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
What is the purpose of visit to Canada? Is she employed back home? Please ensure that is clear in the Invitation letter and the proof of funds to support the duration of stay. Yes, I would recommend to include the marriage invitation card and place booking details as additional evidence to include. Does she has any travel history? How about other family memebers? if they are back home and any dependency on your sister that should be called out as well.

Last edited:

Shivzz

Jul 30, 2020
What is the purpose of visit to Canada? Please ensure that is clear in the Invitation letter and the proof of funds to support the duration of stay. Yes, I would recommend to include the marriage invitation card and place booking details as additional evidence to include. Does she has any travel history? How about other family memebers? if they are back home and any dependency on your sister that should be called out as well.
Thanks for your comment.
My sister and I have not seen each other in 5 years. The purpose of the travel is a family visit after a long time and wedding shopping.
She travelled 9 times in the last 10 years. I think her travel history is OK.
My parents are back home. They are retired and she is living with them at the moment. She didn't maneuver on this fact. We will include it as well. Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for your comment.
My sister and I have not seen each other in 5 years. The purpose of the travel is a family visit after a long time and wedding shopping.
My parents are back home. They are retired and she is living with them at the moment. She didn't maneuver on this fact. We will include it as well. Thanks.
Travel history is for what countries. A travel history to countries like US, UK, Aus , NZ is more helpful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your comment.
What is preventing you from visiting her and your parents at their home? What is their citizenship? How long did she ask to stay? Is she working? Is this a good longterm position? Canada is not known as a wedding shopping destination so what is she trying to purchase that is available in Canada but not in her home country? Since she is not married she still doesn’t have any family ties to her home country. No property in her name as well. Once married, if her spouse stays at home while she travels to Canada she has much better ties to her home country.

ID2022

Dec 6, 2022
There a few things you can do which worked for my fiancée .
Provide proof of employment ( a letter from her work saying she works there and what are her job duties and she is expected to be back to work) She get a letter notarized by a government agency or a lawyer.
Proof of property and available funds (Notarized preferably).
Important a letter written by a lawyer and notarized that she well go back to the country.
We also mentioned her stay would 2-3 weeks but at the airport here in Canada the agent told us she can stay up too 6 months.

Wish you all the best hopefully everything goes well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There a few things you can do which worked for my fiancée .
Provide proof of employment ( a letter from her work saying she works there and what are her job duties and she is expected to be back to work) She get a letter notarized by a government agency or a lawyer.
Proof of property and available funds (Notarized preferably).
Important a letter written by a lawyer and notarized that she well go back to the country.
We also mentioned her stay would 2-3 weeks but at the airport here in Canada the agent told us she can stay up too 6 months.

Wish you all the best hopefully everything goes well.
No need to get any of these things notarized. A notarized letter that a person will return to their country is not enforceable. Save your money. Notarizing all these documents isn’t necessary and doesn’t lead to a better chance of approval.

Reactions: cansha

bazzzz

Feb 19, 2023
I applied the 6th of December 2022 from qatar, I'm moroccan and I still waiting
Made the biometric 11 December 2022 and still into this moment didn't receive anything
We are 23 of February 2023 so it's been more than 2 and half months and nothing
Is it normal?I need to know if they will reject my visa request, at least I can apply for spain again, as I already have it before
Can someone help please

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
I applied the 6th of December 2022 from qatar, I'm moroccan and I still waiting
Made the biometric 11 December 2022 and still into this moment didn't receive anything
We are 23 of February 2023 so it's been more than 2 and half months and nothing
Is it normal?I need to know if they will reject my visa request, at least I can apply for spain again, as I already have it before
Can someone help please
Is there any Latest Update on your Application Status?

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hi everyone.
I'm a permanent resident of Canada and have been living in Canada with my husband for 5 years. My sister once applied for a visitor visa in 2018 (when I was on a study visa and it got rejected because of her travel history and her loose ties outside Canada (She had a vehicle, a property and a permanent job). She was 31 and single at that time and we concluded that was the reason for her refusal.

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My sister is getting married in the summer of 2023. She mentioned her upcoming wedding in her application but did not include any proof. She is now planning to apply one more time and my question is: What can she include in her application as proof to show that she will definitely go back to her country after her short visit to Canada? Is wedding venue reservation enough?
Their are lots of things to be accessed by VIsa Officer to grant Visa
Past Travel History
Income
Home Ties
Ties in Canada
Employement status
Length of Employment

Apply for GCMS Notes

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hi everyone.

As per Canada visa process They treat you married once you have been in married life for 365 days, and being in relationship they treat you as doubtful applicant unless you have very strong ties and travel history